Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a walk and a lot of searching. Caught a nice 18" brown right away and then dinker perch. Finally, I found a school of acceptable ones and had 10 in probably 10 minutes.

Now, I just have to fillet them... :-\

s

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Brown trout and perch...lol there's a clue right there...nice job!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Good job Mark! They are kinda scattered compared to what they used to be-

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
It was a walk and a lot of searching. Caught a nice 18" brown right away and then dinker perch. Finally, I found a school of acceptable ones and had 10 in probably 10 minutes.

Now, I just have to fillet them... :-\

s

I need to get back there. was there for first ice... and i was more than impressed with the fishing. was it miserably windy?3

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have seen that video before. Ten seconds is a fish story IMO but it might cut the time in half. My family doesn't like picking the bones out. I filleted them up and it only took a minute or so for each one. I fried them up with Progresso Italian Bread crumbs over egg batter and they were good. But the canola oil frying is a little harsh for my insides anymore. Next time I will go with grilling or baking them. Dang, I have had the flu/cold for the last week. I need to get back to fishing for more.

The video reminds me of a summer that I spent as a college student cleaning Bullheads at a WI resort. I used this technique and it made cleaning all those Bullheads bearable. I didn't fish for 3 or 4 years after that summer, though...

s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts