Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was nice getting out yesterday. A bit chilly. Nothing huge, but ended up picking up seven. Kept four for dinner. They'll be biting good until ice up.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
We need to send you to Tennessee and take you down a few notches...yeah easy peesy in Colorado but you'd get your ass kicked in Tennessee!...cripeZ!...we all hate you!!...lol

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nice Nice Nice!!! I havnt caught a single cat this year(in Colorado)... Only targeted them once though.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you know of a lake with a decent population of cats, I've been catching them just dragging dead 5/6 inch suckers on a quick strike rig. No weight..just a swivel to eliminate line twist.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
If you know of a lake with a decent population of cats, I've been catching them just dragging dead 5/6 inch suckers on a quick strike rig. No weight..just a swivel to eliminate line twist.
I have a lake/pond in mind that i want to try in my toon :) I've never used suckers... but may give them a try :) Thanks Hobie!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Beautiful cats there. :)

And thanks for the jab, z. :) Just gotta learn these waters, I guess. In KY, the Salt river between I-65 and Taylorsville is cat city... Taylorsville Lake and the Ohio river are great spots. There are cats in all the little private ponds here in Tennessee, but I'm trying to stay away from private these days. Private don't count. :)

Thanks for the report hobie.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice whisker fish, You really eat them? Thats one fish I used to catch as a kid but have steered clear of eating any ever since.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Nice gatos, Hobart. I love me some ***** gatos.

·
Registered
217 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^cookie tray of death^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you always post some really nice pics...... thanks hobie

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Oh yeah! Delicious. Probably the easiest fish there is to fillet. Some flour, salt and pepper and into the hot oil. Any leftovers make great sandwiches the day after.
X2. Personally I prefer cats out of clean water to walleye or perch any day. I like em with cornmeal.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
nice fish, yeah when i was down in arkansas, fried catfish and hush puppies was a regular friday night thing.i guess you already answered my question weather you fillet them or cut them into steaks. nice catching!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts