Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I do mean a little...just a few bass, gills wouldn't cooperate, and the ice was just barely ok. But first, if thin ice and small bass don't do anything for you, I urge you to close this thread ASAP and move along.

Ice was 3-4" at the first place. Water level was almost 3ft lower than last year. Only marked a few bluegill that wouldn't commit.

Moved to another place. Only 2" of ice. Didn't fish it.

Moved to the third place. Around 3 +/- inches. Had a few bluegill that were picky, then a big mark came in on the Marcum and took a beadhead sow bug fly on my inline with 2lb line. It started ripping drag. Fought it for a while then the fly came out. Moved to another hole and picked up a bass on my level wind noodle stick with 2lb line. This one was landed. Picked up a few more on a lindy slick jig & wedgee tail. Very slow and lucky to just get a few. Pics aren't that great from the sun.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
WELL DONE!!!! Shame you couldn't get the gills to come on, but the bass will do just fine.

Thanks for postin'!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I'm jealous, that looks li ke somewhere on the front range. in was looking for some place to go down here but ended up at george town. would have much rather caught bass.you can pm me were you went if you'd like.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm jealous, that looks li ke somewhere on the front range. in was looking for some place to go down here but ended up at george town. would have much rather caught bass.you can pm me were you went if you'd like.
Hey, is Georgetown frozen now? If so, how thick?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
sorry been out of town. georgetown had about three inches of ice at the little area west of bridge, did not venture on the main lake so don't know about it.hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts