Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a loooooong week of work I finally had a chance to fish yesterday. So, I went somewhere close to home just to unwind and decompress for a few hours.

Normally I don't get too work up about idiots. But, today was different. I was already fuming that I had to work on two of my off days due to idiots not doing their jobs correctly and weather f$#king up the schedule.

The fishing trip started off great two fish in two casts.....Then it happened. Someone decided to fish with a motorized vessel where it is clearly posted not to. On top of it he was a rather loud person in what is normally a quite setting. Rather than ruin my already short day; I figured I'd move further away and let someone else tell him he was in the wrong than to get into a tift over it.

Fishing was great. But, I couldn't help think/see this guy doing something illegal. So, I called the Parks Office to notify them of the offender. The lady said "Oh my! I will get a ranger there right away!" Two hours later no ranger. By then I was fuming. Both at the offender and at the lack of diligence by the Parks Office. So, I called again. Same lady answered. So responded with "No one showed up? Sorry, I'll tell them again."

Not only did they not show up (ever). But the offender started chasing off nesting geese so that he could land his craft on an island to fish.....

As I stood there fishing I couldn't help but think. Am I am more mad at myself for not stopping the nonsense from the get go or at the fact our law enforcement failed to do its job?

Either way it ruined my day....

What would you have done?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
He may not have known he was in the wrong but many times in these situations they know and don't care.

I used to say something but with the way things are now I mostly let it go-better than it escalating into an altercation. Try not to let it ruin your day.

And yes, there is not much in the way of enforcement anymore. Good that you at least tried.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He may not have known he was in the wrong but many times in these situations they know and don't care.
Kinda think it was the latter part Kirby. There were a few guys on the other side that knew him and were not bothered by it. I'm more pissed about the harassing of the wildlife and lack of response from the Parks Office.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
As far as the violators, has to be more IMO than before due to the population growth. More people more chances of violators.

I also think you hear of it more today due to cell phones, internet.

Should you have spoke up? Your call. People tend to ignore things IMO to avoid confrontation.

·
Registered
625 Posts
the older I get the more likely I am to say something and/or report something. especially for bigger deals. if I say something and they act like dicks I'll call em in. if they act like they didn't know then I won't.

Despite what some politicians think, the outdoors are for everyone and have to be cared for by everyone or there won't be anything for anyone.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Why are there so many people out there that seem they are "entitled" to do whatever they want?
that's SOP in murica nowadays.
the no response from rangers. leave the offender in the general area if you know what i mean. lol. your $ hard at not working. SOP too nowadays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts