Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks overdue but a few Sundays ago I had the chance to fish without kids and without any obligations to cut my fishing time short.

I headed to the local scum ponds with four rods rigged up and ready to go.

It was in the 90's but it wasn't bad at all. I had long sleeves and a face shield to keep the sun off me.

Started the day watching the water to see activity. Saw a little activity but just outside of casting range. I started by throwing a panther martin but no luck.

Switched to the wacky rigged senko on a Gamakatsu weedless wacky hook. The usual suspects weren't in the spots I've had previous success. Moved to a small opening in the cattails and waded out knee deep. Spotted a big group of branches from a half downed tree and tossed into it.

After 15 minutes and just as many casts I got bit! Fishing on an ultralight and having to keep him out of the branches, it was a good fight.

I think I'm doing something wrong... my senkos only last 1 fish. I manage to retain the o-rings every time but lose the senko.

The branches didn't produce any other fish but I tossed the senko about 5 feet to my left under this slime that had been pushed up against the cattails and WHAMMY!!!

This little guy nailed it.

No o-rings this time and I kept my senko!

Spent a total of 5 hours fishing the different ponds and had a nice talk with the ranger.

I also tried a boss shad BPS swimbait, a buzzbait, a popper and threw the rooster tail some more but no dice.

All in all had a great time of solitude before a hectic business trip.

Didn't realize until I jumped on my flight to Reno that night that my hands had gotten toasted!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Not just your PC... A lot of folks pics come out huge and I don't know why. Redleaders always do for sure! Maybe the pic service you're using, never had that issue with photobucket? I dunno.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using imgur but I've used it before without the issue. I've notice CF doesn't have that little yellow message on the top of the images anymore that said "this image has been resized"

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice! Ditch the weedguard and the senkos will last longer. Then the hook can pull free from the worm and the worm slides up your line(when a fish bites it), that worm has no where to go with the weedguard holding it on the hook. Also you probably kept it on the 2nd fish because it was a green sunfish that couldn't fit the worm in its mouth, normally senkos get torn up more without O rings

·
Banned
553 Posts
Next time try a smaller weightless sluggo. I dont fish senkos so i cant tell you what youre doing wrong. Ask slayer, he seems to have the right 'technique' for those style of baits. :tongue1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts