Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ooops. I meant A Little Warmwater Fun. Hit a front range pond. Caught some bass, sunfish, bluegill, perch and a few shiners. Some of the bluegill were pretty good size. I am a little rusty, the bigger bream is a bluegill right? Caught almost everything on this little streamer I tie last night. Got chewed on steady for about 4 hours today.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Fixed title for ya bugz! Nice pond hoppin dude!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Looks to me that your pond, has some serious hybridization going on. The first 2 have the larger mouth of a Green Sunfish, but the markings of a 'Gill. The 3rd one appears to be a Redear/pumpkinseed hybrid.

Nice work! You throwin a 3wt at em?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Looks to me that your pond, has some serious hybridization going on. The first 2 have the larger mouth of a Green Sunfish, but the markings of a 'Gill. The 3rd one appears to be a Redear/pumpkinseed hybrid.
x2. Those first 2 are definitely green sunfish/bluegill hybrids.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Nice work! You throwin a 3wt at em?
Thanks for the ID help every one. That explains why they all looked a little different..
I was throwing the 5 wt this time, but next time I will bring the little 3 wt fiberglass. That should be a blast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts