Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out for lakers today in the afternoon for a few hours. It was windier than expected and cold. Lots of snow,too. I threw some big stuff on the swimbait gear for a while and didn't get anything so I grabbed my spinning gear and went to work with my misty shad lucky craft flash pointer 115. They're pricy but I love em. It's slowly becoming my favorite jerkbait. I fished the same spot on Tuesday and got skunked but I had some nice browns follow my lure to the shoreline. This time, one committed. Definitely made the trip worth it...this is the second nice brown I've gotten in like a month and they're not even the target species. Getting that big lake trout is still on my to-do list, though. I didn't measure it because I wanted to make sure I got it back in the water quickly but I'd say it's definitely another MA.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice brown. get rid of 2 of those trebs and more of those followers will become takers.
I was gonna remove the middle one but if you think just having the back one on would be better, I'll give it a shot. It would definitely look more natural

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Yep gorgeous brownie!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
That is definitely a MA. You should be able to use the first picture and just measure your rod.
He don't need a stinkin certificate to prove it was a Master Angler fish. That's for those who have never caught one or that need to boost their own egos and live on "the dark side".

We don't role like that here....

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I've caught buttloads of MAs. Don't need no steeenkin' certificate-

That's like Cub Scout baloney-

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hahaaaa. I've caught one that was ma worthy. Wifey keeps bugging me to get the patch. Show it to my grandkids whenever those little trophies show up

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Like anything with fishing if MA's are your thing more power to you...heck I have friends that like to troll...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts