Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I'll take a day or so to decide what I want to do about my job (see my post in off topic) and would like to do a little fishing. But I am in need of suggestions on where I can go this time of year. I don't really care about size or even high numbers, but would like to get into a couple of fish...

I know nothing about ice fishing, but do fly fishing, and also have spinning rods. If anybody has suggestions for me, I'd appreciate it. I am a catch and release guy (discovered several years ago that I was throwing away fish from my freezer) and pretty much always fish alone, so I won't be sharing places with anybody. (Although if you wanted to go along to show me a place...)

If you know somewhere not too far from the metro area where I might be able to get into some fish, I'd appreciate a PM....

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but isn't it pretty technical because of the pressure it gets? Back in the 60s when I would go with my Dad there was never anybody else there...

·
Registered
394 Posts
onefishinfool said:
I thought about that but isn't it pretty technical because of the pressure it gets? Back in the 60s when I would go with my Dad there was never anybody else there...
I don't know about fly fishing, but tossing spinners I usually catch a couple. I am NOT the world's most skillful trout guy (but I do better on trout than anything else, which isn't saying much)! Right now the pressure is much lower.

JW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts