Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice day and i had the day off from work so i decided to get an open water fix in. I fished the ponds at chatfield this time, not for anything big because i was mainly targeting panfish. I did take a mini senko and gave it a couple casts with no luck. I was more into my light action with #4 with small stuff. I fished an area around back that doesnt really get much pressure and is hard to get to.

I used a white and green tripple tailed grub from sportmans on a 1/8 jighead.

I would let it sink all the way to the bottom between a slow retrive with an occ twitch. Half way in i would pause and let it sink to the bottom before another slow reel. Thats mainly when i would get the bite. Kept working around structure and managed a few. They seemed to be swimming around in packs and were very finiky.

Nothing big or any drag being pulled but it was really nice to finally get out in just a t-shirt and feel a bite. If anyone wants to come along and panfish with me id be more than happy to help and show you how im catching them. Tight lines!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Very nice! That is a real report. I've been focusing on warm water fly fishing the past few years, but I'll still say that a curly tail grub will catch any fish on the planet in most conditions. A few years ago I caught a 6.5LB channel cat on a 1/64oz green curly tail grub.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I didn't think we had any real fishing reports on here any more:-X... Nice dude, tight lines man.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice report - thanks for sharing! looks like some fun in the sun. looking forward to casting the line a few times this weekend too.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Background cunningly not displayed. Bonus points.

You are two up on me for open water fish.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks fellas. Hope this will bring back some real ones. Real reports dont have to give up certain spots... Ill do the best i can on reports but if im bangin brusiers at the honey hole i wont be sharing much. The offer is still out there for anyone that wants to come join me and get on some fish. I always have extra gear and dont mind driving. My main priority is a double digit cat this summer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts