Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I consider myself a better than average stick on a few species of fish; I haven't had a ton of success consistently catching decent sized 'eyes. Now that my work schedule is a little more consistent I decided to try and book a trip with someone who I knew for sure could put me in position to catch some and maybe even a few big ones.

The decision on which guide services was an easy one for me. No offense to the others; but after having seen the size of the eyes this guy catches and the reports he submits on here-Neal/CO with Rocky Mountain Adventure Guides was the one for me.

We agreed on a place and time to meet. I, not wanting to be late ended up about an hour early and to my surprise Neal was already putting the finishing touched on his boat preparation. As it turned out the boat ramp was a zoo and the idiot fest was in full affect. None of which phased him at all. He had the patience of Jobe and managed to get us on the lake pretty quickly amidst the chaos. His boat and electronics set-up was quite impressive and he quickly navigated us to one of his spots without issue. On the way to the spot we conversated about my preferences of techniques that I wanted to try without force feeding me his ideas. I told him what I had tried and that I was up for trying something different. So he proceeded to teach me a few of his tricks that produce well for him. The whole trip was full of great conversation, advice and knowledge passed down from someone who truly enjoys his job and is passionate about make sure his clients have a good time while catching fish.

I got a chance to learn more about what to look for when targeting walleye as well as understanding boat electronics better. As for the fishing itself; I though it to be the norm for a super hot busy day on that lake. A few decent eyes, a small wiper and a spot. But Neal insisted that it was lousy and made a promise to book another trip at his expense.
While I was thoroughly happy with our outing and new knowledge gained; my guide was not impressed and insisted on rescheduling another at his expense. So, I reluctantly agreed (sarcasm: :) ) to meet him again the following weekend to try again.

This time the fish were more readily feeding and the technique we enlisted produced some healthy keeper eyes pretty steadily until a storm front put them in a zero feeding mode for a few hours.

With out a doubt the best money I every spent on a guided fishing trip and a quality human being to boot.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks Again Neal. I'll be booking again in the fall for sure.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Good job to the both of ya's!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!

Wish more businesses cared about the customer and the money they lay down for a product /service. Kudos to you Neal.

Cool of you Ninja to support and report such business.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Sounds like you had fun and learned a lot... That's what a guide trip is all about. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts