Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up with 20 perch and 20 suckers. Kept 10 suckers for bait. Also landed a bonus 17" brown and lost a 20" bobo at the hole. Not a bad present. Met up with "Hans Gruber" from the forum he dont post much but is a great guy to fish with.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mike, I'll call you when I get back from Texas and do some fishing. Nice fishes, I been wanting to get some perch.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Ha I know the spot even though I have never been there. Man thought you where a better fisherman then catching common suckers.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Good going, those Suckers are valuable commodities that rate right up with Salmon Roe,
It takes real skill to catch them through the ice.... Seriously.. I don't have the patients and normally just net some.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good going, those Suckers are valuable commodities that rate right up with Salmon Roe,
It takes real skill to catch them through the ice.... Seriously.. I don't have the patients and normally just net some.
Yeah lots of skill- A piece of worm on a light wire hook!:D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Looks like a decent trip to me. I like the title you have on Iceshanty better. BTW, it's "sacré bleu." But I am sure there are references to "sucre" in the bible too...

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks like a decent trip to me. I like the title you have on Iceshanty better. BTW, it's "sacré bleu." But I am sure there are references to "sucre" in the bible too...
I was trying to get "sucker" in the title!
Shoulda used "suckre" bleu!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Spud, auger, or both? Perch look decent enough to keep. Need some Northerns to keep those suckers in check :)...I'll eat em.

s

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I brought both, wasnt sure of thickness. 9" were biggest, but thats cool.

Its always an adventure up there, thats why I go-

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, 8-9" is decent. I will have to bring my son because 20 is skimpy for that kind of adventure. Maybe Sat.

s

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I was trying to get "sucker" in the title!
Shoulda used "suckre" bleu!
Got it! Should have said "suceuce" then. ;) But, yeah, "suckre" might have worked better as a pun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts