Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that know me, you may find it hard to believe that a lone Rainbow at Aurora finally becomes the first fish of the season for me. I've hit the usual ponds, boated the usual lakes, and finally decided that in order to really get the season started I needed to go where I might have my best chance, that being old Aurora Res.
With thick cloud cover, the usual breeze's, and a 45 degree water temp., I can say that I didn't really feel the confidence needed to break the black and white, and after a couple of hours of bottom bouncing with crawler/leech harnesses, that confidence was getting even lower. But finally around the 11 A.M. hour I finally saw the pole bouncing (maybe I need to keep the pole out of my hand so much and just let it ride in the pole holder), and was able to get a nice MRT around 16'' to the boat. As always, my Mom was a champ hanging out in the cool/cold conditions, and the hellish loading of a boat at A-Town. Now it's time to get the skunk of her back.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Catch bigger slimers outta there please, less bigguns for the tourney. Oh what the heck am I saying, I'll get skunked agin, and blown off the freakin lake. Cool ya got mom out.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I had that stank kitty on my back a long stretch this spring, a lot of folks I know did as well. Just a slow start, does that mean it will blaze when it picks up? :)

SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts