Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up A-town this morning at 7. Great morning out on the ice, even with the crazy whipping winds, realizing I had drained the gas out of my auger to move and hadnt put it back (Thank You to the guys that popped some holes for us) and forgetting one of my ice tackle boxes.

Ice is a hard 5-6 inches coming out from the dam face. Walked a little ways past the point on the left, found 35-40 ft of water and started fishing. Took a little bit to coax up the first fish but then the action was decent the rest of the time we were there. Mainly MRT but two small walleye thrown in for some excitment. Left at 12:30ish. The walk back was interesting because it had been so windy that there was an inch of water on top of the ice the whole way back. If you are going BE CAREFUL! there is some rotten ice out there that giving the right weather could be dangerous.

The ticket today was minnows on jigs and swedish pimples with minnows.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Ya that wind got flat out rude at times. Good ice no surface H2O where we were. 13 MRT's, 2 juvie eye's, sis dloring had the biggest fish again, around 3lbs...nice fish.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, I think the lid is going to stick and get stronger, wish I was going to be in town next week to fish it. Maybe next weekend I can make it back out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts