Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normal kinda hit and miss day at atown. fished scuba bay at 10-38FOW with 15-21 being the best. benson got a little walter to start off the day. and got a few more throughout. i hooked into something nice in 38fow but lost it at the hole and never saw it, felt really good. today they favored waxies on kasty's more than the minnow. only got 1 on a fathead. the rest were on waxies. ice was 12in and 4in snow on top. temp was perfect at 46 degrees, couldnt of asked for a better day except my finders battery was basically dead after 5 min of being on :mad:

few pics

a pic dad snapped in the parkinglot- what a sunrise!

[/URL]

bensons walter

[URL=http://img196.imageshack.us/i/cid458.jpg/][img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8472/cid458.jpg

slimer

me with the two i got

and pops with his

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
73fisherman said:
Damn. I sometime wish I didnt do Landscaping for a living. I would have made it out with you guys. Kick a** report as usual!
If you want to get out anytime this week let me know! I have the whole week out and for sure planning on wensday! I might even go tomorrow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great job guys, sounds like the weather isn't going to quite as nice for the next few days. I might have to try to get out there on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Man I thought I had an ice fishing problem till I started hanging out with Patrick! ;D :eek: >:D No perch today? Nice pictures guys. You ever catch bass through the ice there? Saw a show on Altitude where they were catching smallmouths through the ice at Chatfield on minnows.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no perch jeff, we were after trout more than anything else. we figured sense the snowpack and the water already being murky the shallower water would have more light penetration then the deeps, i did manage to find some structure out there in 14FOW. i couldnt even see the bottom in 10FOW, u could see the jig at about 8. and it was a single trout swimming through every 20ish minutes. hopefully gonna try it wensday again, its the same distance for me as the mile is for you. ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sleazy E said:
Good stuff guys, I have yet to pull a wally through the ice. Not saying I've tried a lot but, ya know.
i got my first two there at a-town through the ice, granted they were not 18's but its still a walter ;D do they have them on propilkki?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts