Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the tournament results are in, and it was real, it was fun...but it wasn't "real fun..."

A brief overview of the tournament...

No, that is not the truth.. :D Alright, we showed up to meet Byron at his recently finished "boat house" around 11:30am: Njh was his partner for the tournament so we parted ways there. Drove down to the North Shore parking lot and proceeded to wait for Coleman and "the wallygobbler" to show up. We started right before 2:00pm. We trolled till around 5:00 with the largest fish being Coleman's 17 5/8 Walleye (the fish stretcher wouldn't work). We caught a couple of smaller fish whilst trolling but nothing that counted. Hit up some bass spots before heading to the dam (only one dink there). We tried jigging for quite awhile on both the dam and flats...only more small guys. During that time I know Byron & Njh got a 2.01lbs keeper eye. As night fall came..we had more little guys..but nothing worth showing. Then, while chowing down on a smashed Subway...smash! I hooked into a freight train. It took a bit to get it in with 6lb line next to the dam..but once in the net, it was quite gratifying! My first Wiper, and my personal best fish period: a 10.63lb Wiper (on a Black Grub/Chartreuse Jig). After that point we went into a "more" tournament mode. Good thing, because Coleman got the fish that enabled us to be weighed in: a 2.00lb plus? Smallmouth. By that time we had decided to head back to the ramp to get weighed. The results were a seventh place finish ($104 dollars) with the second largest Wiper of the evening (at least from what I know?).

Thanks, and it was a pleasure fishing with you Coleman. (Thanks for asking us to fish with you guys Byron.) Till next time...tight lines guys!!!

D.J.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice dj!
Crazy they paid top 10 in a field of 21!!!
My partner and I won it and only won $201.xx
They dropped the ball on that part IMO.
More of a report coming later. Can't find the cord for my camera. We weighted 4 wiper and one spot for a total of 32.45

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boondock said:
Nice dj!
Crazy they paid top 10 in a field of 21!!!
My partner and I won it and only won $201.xx
They dropped the ball on that part IMO.
More of a report coming later. Can't find the cord for my camera. We weighted 4 wiper and one spot for a total of 32.45
Congrats on that total man...that will beat just about anyone out there for sure..

D.J.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Great job DJ on the first wiper ever...and a piggy...welcome to the addiction!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
you're welcome dj, it was a blast. i'm glad me and the wallygobbler were a part of your first wiper and tourney experience. told you them critters pull like a truck ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts