Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assaulted the crack with dropshot and blademaster. caught more numbers early b4 the winds, but got bigger ones and crappies shallow. Total- me,1 crap,1 shad, 20walleyes. blade- 19eyes 1 shad. Shot- 13 eyes, 5 craps. Most on metal, coup[le on worm.

25", 6.52 lbs.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice mike
You eat it? lol

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Awesome job Mike, John and Mikey...

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's still swimming. wouldna taste anywhere near as good as them 14"ers!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If you look at that walleye's tail, it obvious that he was already snacking on it.
CPW cuts the top corner of the tails off during the walleye spawn for ID purposes. Also started chipping them this year, or maybe last I forget. I cut a lot of walleye fins this year though

·
Registered
253 Posts
CPW cuts the top corner of the tails off during the walleye spawn for ID purposes. Also started chipping them this year, or maybe last I forget. I cut a lot of walleye fins this year though
So, does the tail fin regenerate during the warm water period? If not, is an additional amount of tail removed each year if/when the fish is netted during subsequent spawning operations? They should remove 1 spiney ray each year. Don't need our 'eyes looking like eels.

Or, considering that it came from the Crack, the tail might have been in the process of dissolving.

On the other hand, it seems to be entirely possible that, despite the release, Mike may have been involved in some surreptitious gnoshing. His grudge against the fishes just may run that deep.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts

That big guy you got last week was tore up too. Makes ya wonder?...

·
Banned
553 Posts
Its the dangerously high nitrite. Youd think with how many basin passes that have been bought the water would be no where near the ses pool it is but hey im not the expert lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts