Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yes he only got 12 crappie in 2 days and 1 walleye he forgot his rice straw hat it makes a huge difference.

I can see both arguments, yes it is far as hell and you will destroy your truck going there hitting a deer. I'm 2 out of 4 with deer collisions. So don't go there unless you want to play chicken with deer.

On the other hand a lot of people don't care driving far for good action. Some people actually don't even own a local license and only have a Nebraska and Kansas license, true story. If you name a lake you will offend someone , that's just the way it goes.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yes he only got 12 crappie in 2 days and 1 walleye he forgot his rice straw hat it makes a huge difference.

I can see both arguments, yes it is far as hell and you will destroy your truck going there hitting a deer. I'm 2 out of 4 with deer collisions. So don't go there unless you want to play chicken with deer.

On the other hand a lot of people don't care driving far for good action. Some people actually don't even own a local license and only have a Nebraska and Kansas license, true story. If you name a lake you will offend someone , that's just the way it goes.
That is very slow, that place got hammered real good in late December and maybe the fish is wary. Sorry that your truck has couple dates with the whitetails there; they do come out a lots at night and early in the morning. As for naming a lake in Kansas or Nebraska, I don't give a rat ass about who will be offended. I may not name a small body of water in Colorado but Kansas or Nebraska..... Some of the A.....es on here may even want to hide lakes in Canada. You might be too young to know this quote Tony but in our native country, "some people hide their places like Cat hiding their ****". So if I decide to post a report, I won't hesitate to name a lake or try to black out the background. If people hate me for that, so be it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is very slow, that place got hammered real good in late December and maybe the fish is wary. Sorry that your truck has couple dates with the whitetails there; they do come out a lots at night and early in the morning. As for naming a lake in Kansas or Nebraska, I don't give a rat ass about who will be offended. I may not name a small body of water in Colorado but Kansas or Nebraska..... Some of the A.....es on here may even want to hide lakes in Canada. You might be too young to know this quote Tony but in our native country, "some people hide their places like Cat hiding their ****". So if I decide to post a report, I won't hesitate to name a lake or try to black out the background. If people hate me for that, so be it.
Cats should be hiding their ****. I don’t want to step on it when I walk around. Let me get this straight: I bullshit a lot on here, but I do respect people who respect others. If your attitude is “I don’t respect what others think and I’m just going to post whatever I damn please,” then I see no reason to respect you. I wrote a lot of bullshit on this board, but most of it is jest. Where I could see that other people have respect for this old troll or other people, I showed respect. As the great fisher32 would say, I know whom I won't be fishing with. Do you care about that? Probably not, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Lot of good walleye fishing at Cedar Bluff State Park or Cheney State Park in Kansas...been a few years since I fished in Kansas...was going to do Wyoming this year, but may do Kansas as well.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Only a few reasons why people blurt out another persons hot spot on a fishing forum. This is not just my opinion but the opinion of many.They either amateurs or trying to gain credibility. Regardless of the reason, its an epic fail.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Is that really how you feel, Hiep? You are free to do whatever you want with the little information I shared with you when I took you to Kansas 2 years ago, but I do not have a good feeling about what you are saying regarding how I or other feel about not blasting a spot. I believe you are just trying to be nice guy (and I think you are a nice guy), but I am not sure you are making the best choice in weighing the opinions of people you know vs sharing information with people you don't even know. Again, you are free to do what you will.

Anyway, yes the fishing is good in Kansas. Go get yours, folks! However, if it does not turn out as good as you expected it to be, do not blame. ;D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Is that really how you feel, Hiep? You are free to do whatever you want with the little information I shared with you when I took you to Kansas 2 years ago, but I do not have a good feeling about what you are saying regarding how I or other feel about not blasting a spot. I believe you are just trying to be nice guy (and I think you are a nice guy), but I am not sure you are making the best choice in weighing the opinions of people you know vs sharing information with people you don't even know. Again, you are free to do what you will.

Anyway, yes the fishing is good in Kansas. Go get yours, folks! However, if it does not turn out as good as you expected it to be, do not blame. ;D
Maybe I am not making the best choice in weighing the opinions of people I know Linh, but again, those people I know didn't tell me that they don't want to share the fishing info in Kansas. Ice fishing season in Kansas is short and you don't know when it is ready and done so why make such a big deal. If some people here wants to drive around 800 miles round trip to get in some fish, why not helping them. You and I have regular jobs (40 hours + a week), family, and other things so we don't go out there too often. I am not worry about others blasting a spot thats not in my home state. I do appreciate that you took me to Kansas couple years ago and I hope despite our differences on some matter, we can still be friends and that we can fish together in the future on some well known public lakes and not worry about the secretivity of those lakes.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Did you really got only 12 crappies in 3 days Mark?
We just didnt mark any fish on the few community brush piles we hit on a couple different lakes we hit and I drilled a zillion holes and moved all over the place...from brush piles to river channels to concrete bridge pilings to rip rap and frozen in marina docks...you name it we tried it...I only saw one other person catch fish out of the 3 dozen other people I watched as I was drilling holes and moving in one area...and it was the general vicinity where it was on fire for Tony and company two days prior...

·
Registered
245 Posts
We just didnt mark any fish on the few community brush piles we hit on a couple different lakes we hit and I drilled a zillion holes and moved all over the place...from brush piles to river channels to concrete bridge pilings to rip rap and frozen in marina docks...you name it we tried it...I only saw one other person catch fish out of the 3 dozen other people I watched as I was drilling holes and moving in one area...and it was the general vicinity where it was on fire for Tony and company two days prior...
Lies! Kansas always produces hundreds of fish per trip! :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think it's important to keep those lakes a secret IMHO. You never know when a Nebraskan is following this thread and will steal your spot!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts