Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any high or low alpine lakes that are accessible right now? I can't get to any of my favorites yet due to snowpack on the trails.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Anyone know of any high or low alpine lakes that are accessible right now? I can't get to any of my favorites yet due to snowpack on the trails.
The best thing I suggest doing is driving to the top of mt Evans and peep summit lake. Don't fish it because it's useless like a stocked rainbow trout in a front range bass pond... But peep it. If it's thawing out or open, most of the other lakes will be as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
If you're a cheap ass, you COULD also go to black lakes on vail pass or Clinton gulch lake on Fremont... Both are alpiney

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There's a really good pond on top of copper mountain. Buddy of mine caught a 28 inch brook trout there last week on a silver rapala f-9. I'd go there

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I know right. There's monsters in there. From what I hear they actually take fish outta monument and put em in there. So you know they have monsters

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Tell me if I'm missing something... but if you're going to drive to Mt. Evans don't you have to pass Summit Lake so ya might as well just go check it out instead of driving up Evans to peep it?

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Echo is the very convincing transvestite of high mountain lakes.

It looks real good, but it pisses you off when you fish it.....because you find out when you cast out; that behind the pretty makeup and curves... It's really a disgusting hairy man trying to score your lure.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Echo is the very convincing transvestite of high mountain lakes.

It looks real good, but it pisses you off when you fish it.....because you find out when you cast out; that behind the pretty makeup and curves... It's really a disgusting hairy man trying to score your lure.

From the car it looks good. Soon as you get to the shore you see it's shallow. Anyone who fishes it for more than 5 minutes is a dumdum. When are you fishing it again, Goon?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts