Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Float tubed and drifted around the inlet 5/13. Unintentionally snagged 2 6" gizzard shad and 3 10-20 lb carp. Bumped lots of carp and brought in lots of scales - if anyone is interested in intentionally snagging carp, this would be a good place. They were surfacing everywhere. Also caught 5 "spawning" wiper, 1 undersize, 4 over 15" with the largest one 21". Fished for about 5 hours.

There were plenty of grasshoppers in the water and I believe but am not sure that trout were going after them.

Caught/snagged everything on a 1/4 oz jig tipped with 4" white Power Bait grub. Jig head colors ranged from lead to white to red - jig head color did not seem to matter. Casted the grub waited a second and reeled it in non-stop at moderate speed. Also added Berkeley bass sauce occasionally. Also tried a blade bait with no luck - did not try other baits when I switched to the grub and it started to produce.

Due to rising temperature, I imagine the wiper will move from shore out into the lake fairly soon and that this will be over.

There was heavy pressure from boats in the inlet.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
C-Bass said:
You say the wiper were spawning in your report. I thought I had read on here befor that the wiper were sterile?
Most sterile hybrids still go threw mock spawns, cant fight instinct.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
C-Bass said:
Ok makes sence..  Wasn't trying to pick on anybody just trying to confirm what I thought I had read. Hey ePiC you a night owl like me see you on here a lot at night.
Sleep is for the weak.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Paid to talk about fishing on an internet forum all night, man life must be rough. >:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts