Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
684 Posts
Fishing 303, I have tried the berkeley stinkbaits and never even had a hit. I have been using the catfish charlie and magic bait lately with lots of bits.

tbmanivong, If you have trouble keeping stinkbaits on, try using a treble hook with one of those springs. I haven't been able to hook anything yet with one of these but the bait stays on. I just like to use circle hooks and do just fine even with stinkbaits.

Tonight I will try to fish the fairgrounds for a few hours. If you see me with a basset hound, that's me. Say hello.

· Registered
684 Posts
Went up last night from 8:30p.m to about 2:30. Started out using worms and crawfish on on pole and magic bait on the other. Had one bite on the worm and that was it. Switched over to just magic bait and had several nice bites. The first two were pretty good being not just your one taps but several in a row. Of course I was on the phone with my girlfriend :mad: and couldn't react quick enough. Finally I had another hard hit that bent my pole over but as soon as I got my rod, the line went slack. The freakin hook broke off. My brother joined my at about midnight and he caught two medium cats about 14". Next time I go I will leave my phone at home and my whiny dog.

Trouthunter and Fishing 303, nice to meet you guys last night, unfortunately I was in a bad mood so I was kind of antisocial. Sorry for that, I was still pissed about missing that nice fish. Next time you guys head up there let me know and maybe I can join you guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.