Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone.....did someone start the postings about the fairgrounds to distract us away from somewhere?

Just kidding

We have been down to the fairgrounds 3 times this week from 10pm-2am and last night till 4am.  There were 2-3 of us fishing. We tried everything.....worms....chicken liver....chicken liver with garlic.....Powerbait Blood Dough.....Powerbait Liver Dough.  We tried fishing right on the bottom....using a crappie rig to keep it off the bottom, and even with a bobber.  All these combinations and all the various locations recommended on the forum.....NOT A SINGLE BITE!! Skunked 3 times in a row.

Was there something I missed? Anyone have any ideas? I really need to break this skunk streak.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got to be kidding. Someone said it was hit or miss but after three nights, with at least 3 people with poles in the water and nothing I figured, all the fish must have been caught lol

I saw lots of them jumping but figured those were carp?

So were you casted close to shore or far out? And how long was your bait in before you caught them? How big were they?

must just be bad luck we are having then

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK....so we were just in a big skunk...9 days without a single fish. BUT we went to Smith Reservoir at Jewell/Kipling area last night, got tons of bites and hooked into a 10" cat. Not much but at least a skunk breaker. Maybe we will try Adams Cty again soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.