Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,057 Posts
After getting tired of rebaiting after small bites using that Magic Blood Bait I found in my trout vest a roll of trout egg sac netting. I simply wrapped the stink bait on this and then put it on the hook. It stayed on for 2 to 3 casts and several bites...

TH

· Registered
2,057 Posts
afishman...gotmuskie...

I got caught up here at work and wont be able to go that far tonight. Live in Southwest Metro Area..Maybe tomorrow or Thursday... Catch one of those big cats I saw the other day...Good fishin to you both.

TH

· Registered
2,057 Posts
afishman said:
TROUTHUNTER I MIGHT HEAD UP TONIGHT. IF YOU SEE A RED F-150 THATS PROBABLY ME
afishman....so how did you do? I might go up there tomorrow and meet fishing303 do do some catfishing. Will you be up there? If so come on over and say hello.

TH

Gmuskie,

See you up there and a cold one to whoever gets the biggest fish tomorrow... :)

TH

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Went up to Adams County met a couple of good guys Albert and Juker C who said he would become a Coloradofisherman.com member today... they had many bites too and caught one before they left around 9:00PM......

JukerC,

fishing303 found your glasses when we moved to the sand bar after you left around 10:30PM and man it was a good thing 303's flashlight caught the glare of them otherwise they would have been stepped on for sure. It was so dark last night the moon didn't come up till around 12:00AM and barely shed any light at all!!  I told 303 they might be yours and was hoping you would post today. Private message me and send your phone # and I will call you to set something up to get those back to you ASAP.

Got there around 8:00PM left at 1:00PM fished the same sandbar starting at 10:00PM, by the bridge on the other side (north side) of the lake,  mostly using worms, a few crawdad tails JukerC gave us when he left, and magic stinkbait. Over 28 bites between fishing303 and myselfs (14 bites worms, 12 crawdads, 2 or 3 on stink bait) ... we missed the majority of bites while using circle hooks...303 caught 2 channel cats that he was going to cook up when he got home at 2:00AM....man that 303's a diehard  fisherman no matter what time it is.  All in all great night...As I was leaving saw and talked to Gotmuskie fiahing on the other side with his dog. I think he had a couple and he said that he had missed one really good bite. Another night fisherman had a couple decent cats on worms as well fishin near the parking lot. Afishman did you go up there last night? I so how did you do?

TH

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Gotmuskie sounds good...just let me know when you are going up next adw will try to head up there.

tbmanivong said:
Persistence paid off. I might give this place another shot. Have you guys fished different areas? If so, what area is the best?
Did you mean for cats around the city? or another spot at the adams fairgrounds then you have fished at previously? I will answer both...

I have only fished for cats 5 times and all in the past month...I got hooked so to speak...we caught some good size fish the first time and they tasted great

I like catfishing now...cool tempature nights after hot days...good conversation... and basically your just laid back relaxing just waiting for a bite all night. Catfishing in Colorado is a great time...However I want to go to Big Mac sometime in the future, at least once, after seeing your report to night fish...never have caught a wiper either... Only fished for cats at 2 lakes so far: Harriman 3 times Adams 2 times.

At adams co fairgrounds lake I have only fished for cats in one spot....the sandbar on the north side near the bridge that connects both lakes....1st time I went more bites more fish didn't even sit down once..... last night about half as many bites alittle slower and got a chance to just sit down and just watch the poles...

Here is a question for a andams co faigrounds lake regular...has anyone ever fished the back lake? My uncle fished for trout in the spring and did really well....it looks real promising for fish after I saw it in the evening last night, although I have never seen anone fishing it...

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Fishing 303 found them (giving credit where credit is due) I just told him I would hang onto them and get them back to JukerC when he posted since I was the one who had met and talked to him earlier...most anyone would have done the same...Yes I am glad to get those back to him...I have lost a few polarized sunglasses before and it downer especially when you really need them and have not had the chance or the budget to get a new good pair...

TH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.