Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2,057 Posts
afishman said:
TROUTHUNTER I MIGHT HEAD UP TONIGHT. IF YOU SEE A RED F-150 THATS PROBABLY ME
afishman....so how did you do? I might go up there tomorrow and meet fishing303 do do some catfishing. Will you be up there? If so come on over and say hello.

TH

Gmuskie,

See you up there and a cold one to whoever gets the biggest fish tomorrow... :)

TH

· Registered
8 Posts
Went out last night and only caught one cat on crawdad tails. Tried worms and chicken blood stink bait. Got bites on all, but they never did take a hold.

TrountHunter,

How did it go the rest of the night? I think my prescription sun glasses fell out of my pocket last night when I was packing up. I went back out there this morning to look for them but did not find them. Did you happen to see them and pick them up? I hope you did as I can not see very good in the day without them. Let me know if you did and we can arrange a way to get them from you.

Thanks,

JukerC

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Went up to Adams County met a couple of good guys Albert and Juker C who said he would become a Coloradofisherman.com member today... they had many bites too and caught one before they left around 9:00PM......

JukerC,

fishing303 found your glasses when we moved to the sand bar after you left around 10:30PM and man it was a good thing 303's flashlight caught the glare of them otherwise they would have been stepped on for sure. It was so dark last night the moon didn't come up till around 12:00AM and barely shed any light at all!!  I told 303 they might be yours and was hoping you would post today. Private message me and send your phone # and I will call you to set something up to get those back to you ASAP.

Got there around 8:00PM left at 1:00PM fished the same sandbar starting at 10:00PM, by the bridge on the other side (north side) of the lake,  mostly using worms, a few crawdad tails JukerC gave us when he left, and magic stinkbait. Over 28 bites between fishing303 and myselfs (14 bites worms, 12 crawdads, 2 or 3 on stink bait) ... we missed the majority of bites while using circle hooks...303 caught 2 channel cats that he was going to cook up when he got home at 2:00AM....man that 303's a diehard  fisherman no matter what time it is.  All in all great night...As I was leaving saw and talked to Gotmuskie fiahing on the other side with his dog. I think he had a couple and he said that he had missed one really good bite. Another night fisherman had a couple decent cats on worms as well fishin near the parking lot. Afishman did you go up there last night? I so how did you do?

TH

· Registered
684 Posts
Went up last night from 8:30p.m to about 2:30. Started out using worms and crawfish on on pole and magic bait on the other. Had one bite on the worm and that was it. Switched over to just magic bait and had several nice bites. The first two were pretty good being not just your one taps but several in a row. Of course I was on the phone with my girlfriend :mad: and couldn't react quick enough. Finally I had another hard hit that bent my pole over but as soon as I got my rod, the line went slack. The freakin hook broke off. My brother joined my at about midnight and he caught two medium cats about 14". Next time I go I will leave my phone at home and my whiny dog.

Trouthunter and Fishing 303, nice to meet you guys last night, unfortunately I was in a bad mood so I was kind of antisocial. Sorry for that, I was still pissed about missing that nice fish. Next time you guys head up there let me know and maybe I can join you guys.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK....so we were just in a big skunk...9 days without a single fish. BUT we went to Smith Reservoir at Jewell/Kipling area last night, got tons of bites and hooked into a 10" cat. Not much but at least a skunk breaker. Maybe we will try Adams Cty again soon.

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Gotmuskie sounds good...just let me know when you are going up next adw will try to head up there.

tbmanivong said:
Persistence paid off. I might give this place another shot. Have you guys fished different areas? If so, what area is the best?
Did you mean for cats around the city? or another spot at the adams fairgrounds then you have fished at previously? I will answer both...

I have only fished for cats 5 times and all in the past month...I got hooked so to speak...we caught some good size fish the first time and they tasted great

I like catfishing now...cool tempature nights after hot days...good conversation... and basically your just laid back relaxing just waiting for a bite all night. Catfishing in Colorado is a great time...However I want to go to Big Mac sometime in the future, at least once, after seeing your report to night fish...never have caught a wiper either... Only fished for cats at 2 lakes so far: Harriman 3 times Adams 2 times.

At adams co fairgrounds lake I have only fished for cats in one spot....the sandbar on the north side near the bridge that connects both lakes....1st time I went more bites more fish didn't even sit down once..... last night about half as many bites alittle slower and got a chance to just sit down and just watch the poles...

Here is a question for a andams co faigrounds lake regular...has anyone ever fished the back lake? My uncle fished for trout in the spring and did really well....it looks real promising for fish after I saw it in the evening last night, although I have never seen anone fishing it...

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Fishing 303 found them (giving credit where credit is due) I just told him I would hang onto them and get them back to JukerC when he posted since I was the one who had met and talked to him earlier...most anyone would have done the same...Yes I am glad to get those back to him...I have lost a few polarized sunglasses before and it downer especially when you really need them and have not had the chance or the budget to get a new good pair...

TH

· Registered
194 Posts
hey jukerC  im glad you finally joined, yeah man those glasses i could of stepped on em ahhaha! i think they gave me some luck fishing. caught two good sized cats that night didnt get a chance to eat them how ever but wheni got home i cleaned them out, i caught one on worms and one on crawfish tails, thanks to jukerC for the crawdads, the second fish i caught swallowed my circle hook, thats the first time for me.

G

·
tbmanivong said:
Persistence paid off. I might give this place another shot. Have you guys fished different areas? If so, what area is the best?
Did you mean for cats around the city? or another spot at the adams fairgrounds then you have fished at previously? I will answer both...
I have only fished for cats 5 times and all in the past month...I got hooked so to speak...we caught some good size fish the first time and they tasted great
I like catfishing now...cool tempature nights after hot days...good conversation... and basically your just laid back relaxing just waiting for a bite all night. Catfishing in Colorado is a great time...However I want to go to Big Mac sometime in the future, at least once, after seeing your report to night fish...never have caught a wiper either... Only fished for cats at 2 lakes so far: Harriman 3 times Adams 2 times.
At adams co fairgrounds lake I have only fished for cats in one spot....the sandbar on the north side near the bridge that connects both lakes....1st time I went more bites more fish didn't even sit down once..... last night about half as many bites alittle slower and got a chance to just sit down and just watch the poles...
Here is a question for a andams co faigrounds lake regular...has anyone ever fished the back lake? My uncle fished for trout in the spring and did really well....it looks real promising for fish after I saw it in the evening last night, although I have never seen anone fishing it...
Thanks-

I've done mostly night fishing in colorado. At big mac, catching hard fighting quality size fish was fun. First time there. I've done alot of catfishing in colorado and it's alright (compared to california). I heard Jackson has alot of big cats. Never caught catfish there, just wipers. I've caught majority of the catfishes at N. Sterling and Union and Harvey Gap. I wish I had more time to fish.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.