Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my little girls out there today. I was hoping that they would have some fun with the perch. No perch to be found but the 12-15" rainbow would not leave us alone. they ended up being a lot more fun than perch would have been. I'm guessing that the lakes were recently stocked for the holiday weekend. The fish were hitting both power bait and worms fished on the bottom. It took about 2 hours to catch 5 of them and of course missed some others. It was really exciting for the girls because the fish were acrobatic. They were skipping across the water like a bass sometimes does. It's pretty fulfilling to see your 5 yr. old holding a little Sponge Bob fishing pole with a dancing trout on the other end. Tonight we feast. Except for my wife who is a party pooper and does not eat fish at all!! The girls really enjoyed petting the fish while they were on the stringer. We were fishing in the south lake next to the road.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like a great day on the water Pikester, keep up the good work.
I'm taking my grandkids out next week and hope we do as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for taking your girls fishing, My father in-law took his daughters fishing at a young age. Now my fishing buddy is my wife who loves to fish just as much as I do. sound like you guys had great time. Keep up the good work. Nice job on the fishh too. ;D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm kind of lumping blue gills in with sunfish, greenies and yellows. Basically anything that loves to grab a worm on a bobber in shallow water. Couln't get anything to touch floated baits like worms and eggs.

We ate those fish tonight. Grilled them. You know how a mossy pond smells when it has washed up sea weed rotting on the banks? That is about how the fish tasted. :-\ I'm used to mountain, cold water trout. These certainly did not taste the same as those from 11-mile or points upward. Still, it was a whole lot of fun for the girls though.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i went to the fairgrounds from 6-8.30 caught some nice trout on kastmaasters last year i caught some big largemouth and channel cats at the first lake by the road i also had a tiger muskie but it got a way i saw a couple muskie close to shore but nothing

·
Registered
296 Posts
right know is when you muskie folk need to be throwing rapalas like j-13 or bigger. that use to be one of my favorite waters when i lived down there

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wealth of information on this site is incredible. Sure enough, one of those little rods is the type my girl plays with. I guess I can get her a new one for free. What I would really like to replace is my $50 Shakespear that got snapped yesterday. With all the excitement over catching a fish my daughter layed it down on the bank and promply stepped on the end of it. I guess I needed something else to spend some money on. It was worth it seeing the girls play with those fish.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the bass info. I don't fish there much but I did see some very small bass one time. I guess they grow. My partner at work asked me if I could take her grandsons out there. They are fatherless and really don't have anyone to take them out and teach them some dirty, stinky boy things. I told her I would be honored. I'm going to see if we can make that work on Wednesday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts