Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Adaptive ice fishing

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  daredevil 
#1 ·
The 1st adaptive ice fishing day is set for April 5th at lake granby (weather permitting), the club had such a great time fishing the open water season they would like to try ice fishing, these are disabled anglers, most have spinal cord injuries, if you know any disabled anglers that want to try ice fishing or anyone would like to participate here is your chance.

#9 ·
zman said:
captain shuyak said:
Thanks guys, a great day that ended up with fish tacos.
Gotta hide the taste of laker some how...<snicker>
enhance, not hide. Before I had an awesome cook I would just put a fresh fillet in the microwave, add a little spice and yummmmmmmm the key is fresh and young, for fish that is. hahahahah

#11 ·
bobco said:
good job steve, sounds like a great program, doubt that you guys got to eat any lake trout thougth, saw that fish stealling dog in one of the pictures ;D
That was Nate's dog, my dog is an @sshole, he is also smart and old and won't go out on the ice except to go try to bum a meal from the ice fishermen any way he can, he is a pro at stealing lunches, and has been known to trade fish for beef jerky. Last fall he swam home from Columbine bay clear across lake granby when he didn't like the way things were going.

#13 ·
very cool trip 8)

captain shuyak said:
bobco said:
good job steve, sounds like a great program, doubt that you guys got to eat any lake trout thougth, saw that fish stealling dog in one of the pictures ;D
That was Nate's dog, my dog is an @sshole, he is also smart and old and won't go out on the ice except to go try to bum a meal from the ice fishermen any way he can, he is a pro at stealing lunches, and has been known to trade fish for beef jerky. Last fall he swam home from Columbine bay clear across lake granby when he didn't like the way things were going.
I like your dawg...we're buds ;D

#17 ·
Wish I had seen the post earlier. One of my students is wheelchair bound with no arms and only one functioning leg. It's incredible what he can do with his foot. He wants to go fishing with me and said today he would be interested in trying ice fishing....so let me know next year. Kuddos to you for doing this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.