Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this may be my last "Off Topic" thread for a while. Remember when you were a little kid and would be out playing on a summer's evening, and you'd hear your mom calling from down the street for you to come in (and you really didn't want to go) ... that's kind of how it is w/me. I might still be able to post now & then to other people's threads, but I'm afraid 'mom' is calling, and I know I should go. ;) (There are things that need to be done.)

Anyway, AVATARS! Kinda wish every CF member displayed one, just for the fun & creativity. Many I like, a few I don't, and a few I can't make heads or tails out of! :D Anyway, here a few of my personal favorites. :) (I've grouped them by category - not ranked in any order - and have added captions.) Just my opinion, of course. By all means indicate those you like best &/or post real good ones I might've missed.

Most Attractive:

Have always liked it, and a great logo for the site as well. (Don Broeren)

Beautiful creature beautifully framed (Fowl Hooked -- v. clever username to match)

Very nice. (ePIC)

Always thought this was a striking patriotic image. (djfisherman2)

Good ol' Mr. Whiskers (The Mad Catter)

Fish-Pic Types that Turned Out Best:

Whale of a wiper! (dloring)

Somehow this image is more effective for me than most. (mackaddict)

Dat's a big cat, & you can tell it. Nice job on the self-photo. (Giant Squid)

Behemoth. Give the man credit ... he certainly does! (Slayerfish)

Serious maw! (Silent Light)

Big as your leg. (Boondock)

Humorous/Original:

Sky-high marks to 'The Mayor' for originality. Way to go, Dean! (beadheadred)

Gotta love it when humor & humility come together. (Avatar blown up on purpose) (JWurgaft)

And I like Don's caption: "Oh No! Not you again!" (GoFindYourOwnFish)

Stud. (Walking Eagle)

^^ Otherwise we wouldn't have known where to look! (RVinson)

Yep. Personally I wish he'd come back. (Maynard G Krebs)

Feel the enthusiasm! (gotmuskie?)

Nicest Nature Shots:

How lovely and beckoning. (Pic purposely enlarged) (TALO362)

So serene . . . the quiet sport, indeed. (Avatar enlarged) (Oyey)

. . . And on that note I wish everyone a wonderful new year of open water fishing. Quality fish, sure, but also all the other aspects which make the entire experience so special to each one of us. - Hop

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hop, I find your creations pretty darn entertaining! I like Manboobs avitar. Makes me laugh every time I see it. I like Slayer's avitar as well - that's a sick fish, from a sick spot!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
sswan said:
Mexican Barney Frank's avatar was hilarious.
lol I agree

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've liked rvinson's avatar for a long time. I've even considered stealing it!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I think this may be my last "Off Topic" thread in a while. Remember when you were a little kid and would be out playing on a summer's evening, and you'd hear your mom calling from down the street for you to come in (and you really didn't want to go) ... that's kind of how it is w/me. I might still be able to post now & then to other people's threads, but I'm afraid 'mom' is calling, and I know I should go. (There are things that need to be done.)

Hop I think you should do what I used to when I was a kid; Just run further away down the street, come home way later and then say "sorry mom I couldn't hear you" even if you get a whipping sometimes it's worth it! :D....Anyway I really don't view the off topic as much as I should, those are nice avitars all around! And thanks for including mine, the story with mine is this: That's a LM bass I did in fact catch it on the fly seen in the pic {green drake} at the rocky mountain arsenel while we were catching gills & crappies. It was {and still is} the smallest fish I've ever caught...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks Hop!! I hope it is not your last off topic post in awhile though?

D.J.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Thanks hop. A lot of your posts are entertaining. Don't give up now.
Rvisions cracks me up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts