Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Adobe Creek Res. (Blue Lake)

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  noluck 
#1 ·
I was thinking of heading to Adobe Creek tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions of where to fish. I am thinking about targeting crappie. Any info would be great. I have never been there before, looking forward to testing lots of new water in colorado this year.

#2 ·
well if you get there and there aint that much water and you still want to fish drive a little more and go to john martin and try the rocks by the dam its been nice and sunny here for about 2 weeks so the rocks should be nice and warm and full of bait fish by now so the crappie should be there and walley
have fun where ever you go

#4 ·
Jeremy;
The lake is very shallow near the shores so shore fishning may not be good for crappie. If your fishing off of a boat you need to be at the boat ramp which is on the south east side of the lake. The north East and some of the south east shore is private property. If you launch a boat head to the north east shore line to the submerged willows. I have had good luck fishing that shore line. I have also had good luck trolling accross some of the edges of some of the deep holes between the east shoreline and the boat ramp. If your trolling with crawler harnessses you may even hook some white bass. Good luck and I will be curious to know what the water level is. So, let us know if you go. ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.