Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all - I'm going to be visiting family in Colorado Springs this summer, and want to go out fishing.

I've done a little research and both Antero and Crystal Creek Res seem like good places to try. Does anyone have any advice they would like to share for those lakes (location, bait/lure, etc...) I'll be bank fishing w/ a spinning outfit, and target trout.

Suggestions of other places to fish are also welcome.

Thanks much

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Trout.....

Anywhere in South Park. Antero is great...Spinney....11mile....Tarryall.

I would recommend Antero. Take some krocodiles and kastmasters. Brown tube jigs will do well too.

If you fly-fish....that's a no brainer. You will catch MASS fish on a fly up there.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Trout.....

Anywhere in South Park. Antero is great...Spinney....11mile....Tarryall.

I would recommend Antero. Take some krocodiles and kastmasters. Brown tube jigs will do well too.

If you fly-fish....that's a no brainer. You will catch MASS fish on a fly up there.
Concur with Antero if you flyfish, especially out of a boat, tube, or toon. Fished it for years from a tube, and my observation is that the bank fishing is great right after ice out, and gets progessively poorer when the bugs start to come out (like they are now).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just read this post and hope you haven't completed your trip yet. My suggestion for a quick trip while in Colorado Springs is the North Catamount Reservoir on the Pikes Peak Recreation Area. To get there take the Pikes Peak Tollroad and at the toll gate tell them that you are going fishing only and the cost will be $4. Fishing from shore is easy and the lake is flies and lures only. Lures, such as Kastmasters work well as does a fly and bubble rig with a wooly bugger or other wet flies of your choice using a spinning outfit. Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts