Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on fly fishing for bass at Bear Creek Reservoir. I've heard they mostly like to hang out near the dam side. I have a variety of bass flies, and am looking more for advice on where they like to hang out, and how deep? I have a belly boat/float tube, so I can access anywhere in the lake. Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome.

Bass are bass are bass. Just fish it like any other bass lake. With the temps fluctuating, behavior can be difficult to ascertain. They may like one thing one day and something completely different the next. North side warms fastest (Rule of thumb); protected coves and they don't have to be big. Bring a thermometer and do some "learning". Switch it up until you find the right combo of depth and retrieve. One post asking "Where/how should I fish?" is a tough sell in crowded Colorado.

What helps is a shirt with a minimum of three sponsors and a visor. I suggest bright red with Berkley, Rapala, and Evinrude. With that and peak spawn you'll be in the bass. lol

SS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts