Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed up to Stagecoach to try my hand at catching a pike or two. I am thinking large swimbaits and topwater stuff but I have never fished there before and I don't really know where I should start. I will be fishing by boat. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It's a pretty straight forward lake. The lake is layed out west to east. Fish the west end of the reservoir and all the way east to the first bay. Also, hit some main lake points and slightly into some of the coves. Topwater should still be good and try some of the large swimbaits you are talking about. Jerkbaits tend to be good up there too. Good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ive fished there a few times with some luck, only hooked one big pike so far. A few times a gold spoon saved the day for me. Had good luck with a blue and silver husky jerk in the past. I'll be up there early September.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My friend caught a pike on a 1/2 oz spinner that was silver and pink trout like. I had one come right up to my belly boat following a 1/2 oz white bucktail jig with a transparent speckled bright green mr. twister curly tail grub attached. This was on the first cast with that lure. This was at a different lake, but i would go with that combo other places as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts