Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I think we had a thread about this topic......I've always said that this is best.....use your rod like a sword......and hold it with your dominate hand.

http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/southpaw-advantage
Man, I've had this conversation (argument) with a few of my homies about this. Use your "dumb" hand to do dumb stuff, like turn a friggin' crank handle.

Dominant hand to work the rod (bait/lure)...

I always thought you were a smart dude, Mogul :biggrin1:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I've had this conversation (argument) with a few of my homies about this. Use your "dumb" hand to do dumb stuff, like turn a friggin' crank handle.

Dominate hand to work the rod (bait/lure)...

I always thought you were a smart dude, Mogul :biggrin1:
Ha ha.....I have my moments... :)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Man, I've had this conversation (argument) with a few of my homies about this. Use your "dumb" hand to do dumb stuff :biggrin1:
So which of his hands does Golden Shower use to hand job his llama?...

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Dominant hand for the rod, other to reel.

I'm right handed, thus all my reels ( fly and spinning ) have the handle set up for my left hand.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^ X2 ^^

Always crank with the off-hand.. Unless you're 3 and still rock a Zebco 202...

My 5 year old now fishes with my Mitchell 300... And cranks with his left hand like a man...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I'm a hermaphrodite......wait......I meant to say I'm ambidextrous. :smile:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I guess KVD has not thought this whole thing through. What a choad. He's doing it wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^ X2 ^^

My 5 year old now fishes with my Mitchell 300... And cranks with his left hand like a man...
Blow me! You handle it which ever is the most comfortable. I'm ambidextrous like Chuckles and cast with the right and reel with my right because that is what I'm comfortable with! Now if you reel with your legs crossed like Goldie Knob does, then that's unmanley!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
^^ X2 ^^

I just upgraded my 2 boys from there bass pro combo's(closed face) to Abu Garcia Ike Dude Combo's... I've got them setup as Left hand retrieve now :)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
If you are right handed and use your dominant hand to crank, you blow squirrels and are probably in need of a tampon change.

:lol:

Naw, I don't give a sh** how you crank... I'm an average fisherman at best, so what do I know?..................

(but if you crank with your dominant hand, you blow squirrels)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I learned to fish from my grandpa before I could write. So I did what he did. He holds it upside down and reels with his smart hand. Now I just do what ever it takes to get twenty pounders.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I see you guys point, but one disadvantage to holding rod in dominant hand is when it comes time to net/land a fish. ..always feels harder to me to net or grab the fish left handed.....

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
^^ X2 ^^
And cranks with his left hand like a man...
Way to raise him right.

I'm a hermaphrodite......wait......I meant to say I'm ambidextrous. :smile:
He'll take whatever he can sink his paws into.....man, woman, llama,cat........ Heard even started a Mack tagging program.

And I use my right hand for my llama, I'm always courteous enough to give the reach around, cause I care.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm right handed so I cast with the right and reel left. Buncha hand changing dummies.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts