Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ideals me and my wife plan on taking the raft on a trip.It's been years since I've been to the green,and shes never been there also thinking about the south fork of the snake.any advise would be great pm me if you want thanks. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I pity the fool that doesn't know hot to distinguish advice and 'advise'.

On a friendlier note....what are you asking here? Looking for float trip recommendations? If so, where you driving from/to?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Snake might not be fishable. It usually clears up in late June or early July, but lots of snow this year, so it may be a late bloomer.

Do the Green. If you hit it during the week you will avoid some of the summer raft hatch, and should have great fishing at that time of year.

And ignore BA. ;D

Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Growing up in Idaho right off the south fork of the Snake, I feel like a damn fool not to recommend it because it is amazing; but I would agree June might be crappy flows up there. You really want to hit it when the flows aren't as bad and water clarity is a bit better. The bugs dropping off the canyon walls are to die for.

I'll also echo the last comment, JUNE = Gunnison Gorge. I do that trip every year and it is always the highlight of my year. With that said, late june is probably too late. We are going the 16th and that is actually a weekend later than we go some years. Plus we raft the whole canyon. The open gorge below smith fork to pleasure park probably won't have any salmon/stone flys left in late June. They typically move upstream around the time we are there. PM if you need any information on either place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again guys, my wife wants to hit the green.I might try to hit the south fork in the fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts