Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Dad went out to the E-mile this afternoon. Didn't go this morning because it was -34, probably 10-20 degrees colder at the lake down in the valley. Was a balmy 20 degrees this afternoon. Fished from 2:30-5:30 pm in Stoll Mt. area. I caught 2 rainbows and had 2 other hits. Dad caught 1 bow and had 2 other hits. Caught my keeper on the Automatic Fisherman!! ;D Was in 11-12 feet of water with 24 inches of ice. We each kept one, both were 18 inches. When we got out there the sun was out, when we left it was a whiteout. Was a few anglers at Sucker Cove and Cross Creek area. East end of the lake looked vacant. Tried a few of the ice jigs the Cajun tied up for me, no luck on them. Dad went out on Monday and only got 1 bobo. He didn't go on Tuesday or Wednesday because of the artic blast.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pictures dude. I'm on for next week. The bald eagle was in Lake George on the way out. The South Platte froze in Lake George also. Must be a big ice jam, the cow pasture was all flooded and froze. :eek:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
No pictures dude. I'm on for next week. The bald eagle was in Lake George on the way out. The South Platte froze in Lake George also. Must be a big ice jam, the cow pasture was all flooded and froze. :eek:
The cow pasture?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cow pasture on the north side of Highway 24 once you go through Lake George where the South Platte is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts