Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
If you have the time, as others have written, Deckers, 11-Mile and Waterton Canyons are great places to go to within an hour or two drive of Denver. However, if you want to try some place after work, go to Bear Creek in Morrison. You live in a great place to fish there. I went there over the lunch hour today and caught 3 and missed 3 or 4, all in about 20 minutes. Its a lot of pot hole fishing, so move around looking for nice runs about 1-2 ft deep. You won't find very many very big ones in Bear Creek, but it is fishing.

· Registered
31 Posts
Silicone boy:

Its that Go Big Red thing that helps. Try in town, across from the Morrison Inn. Go above the tributary that flows into the creek from the north, up to the bridge. The holes are deeper up there than below the tributary. That has been a good stretch for me. I have caught maybe 1-5 fish per hole through the town. The trout seem to like small (<size 18) red copper johns, wd40s, any small red thing.

Have fun!

· Registered
31 Posts
Silicone Boy:

Like you, I've always thought the stretch below the tributary looked good, but I've only caught fish near the diversions. I've never caught anything between the diversions and the tributary. My guess is that it is too shallow there, no security for them. There are deeper holes above the tributary, where the trout like to hide out. Watch out for the trees!

· Registered
31 Posts
Scubapig:

Go Big Red!

Which road do you exit off to park to fish the inlet to Chatfield? Sounds like it could be a good place for some larger fish than in Bear Creek.

Went to Bear Creek over lunch again and caught 4 and missed a few. Got a nice 12 inch rainbow - the rest were 10 inches or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.