Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many frustrating on-again / off-again years of attempting to teach myself to fly fish with my granddad's hand-me-down fiberglass Wonderod (and his old level line), I finally picked up some newer gear and got some good instruction last summer. I can't believe all those years of fishing lures and missing out on fly fishing!

Anyhoo, I live in Lakewood, near C-470/Morrison Road, and would like some input on good after-work spots in my area. I've gone up Bear Creek canyon a few times, usually to Lair O' the Bear open space. But it's usually full to the brim with people. I've gone up Clear Creek canyon a couple of times and fished by Tunnel 1, but had no luck there. I like Waterton Canyon.

Any suggestions on where else to go? I just want a little more variety in something close to home. I don't want your secret spot (well, actually I do), just some ideas as to where to go after a day of staring out the window of my office. BTW, this isn't just for the summer, I'm open to some fun winter fly-fishing, too.

Thanks!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the Blue, but it is definitely too far for me for an after-work trip. I'm limited to around 2 hours total time during the work-week, not 2+ just for the roundtrip drive.

I'm having fun finding spots on my own. Even if they turn out not-so-good, fishing-wise, they are usually more than worthwhile just for the hike, scenery, etc.

Thanks!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do need to look into the lakes a little more. I drive by several all the time, but other than Bear Creek res., I never think to try them out when I'm looking for a quick trip.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right in town, huh? I'll have to give that a try - that would only be a couple of minutes away...maybe I'll see about leaving the office early today! I've walked the path a few times with my kids, from roughly the Morrison Inn down to C-470. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.