Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like were neighbors.... The stream right behind your place has some small trout that you can npymh to... I would be glad to help you.... And if you willing not to post where we go.. I will show you some places where good size fish can be caught... and teach you how to catch them

G

·
Before taking any advice from anyone (including myself) consider you can use that fly rod anywhere a bait fisherman is. As far as in town, there is a publication called "Fishing Close to Home" that has all the suburban lakes listed.

In Lakewood -

Try the lakes on Jewell. I've had fun at all three - there are some big bass in those lakes.

Check out Golden Gate Canyon State Park north of Golden - fun in the ponds with stocker trout (Terry Wickstrom did a show on them through the ice).

Never tried it but there is a lake on Kipling north of Jewell - I'm willing to bet there are some bass in it.

Evergreen Lake has some nice bows as well as Bear Creek.

Most of all - have fun!

· Registered
50 Posts
Don't give up on Clear Creek. It is usually pretty empty, and there are fish (not big ones, but fish) along the shore line. Don't cast more than 2-3 feet from shore, and get a good drift. Blue midge patterns seem to work.

Last summer the canyon was closed to traffic other than fishing and it was a great place to be!!!

· Registered
50 Posts
yes, straight out of golden. it has stockers, and most of the fish are under 13', but it is a great way to leave work at 4 and fish by 5. between tunnels one and two there are a few holes.

also, the further up the road you go, the bigger the fish get.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.