Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am building this for a friend. This is my second attempt at an alewife bait. I did one out of basswood, but it was too thin and would not behave itself in the water. This bait is fatter, and is made of PVC so I hope it will be easier to deal with.

I will post up pics when it is done, if it works out. Otherwise it goes into the trash. :p

SS

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks damm good! Might need to paint the eye balls. Take it down to Big Mac and test it out right away. Let us know the result. If the result is good, start making money on the replicas.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, they are taking about 20 hours to make. If I wanted to make $8 an hour, which I figure is on the low side, that is $160 a bait, not counting materials, so how does $960 for six sound?

Lemme know.

Eyes in.

SS

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Thats is just sick...you can put my 6 on Jeff's tab!!

Outstanding work!

Somebody has build a better Alewife trap fever!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
That is amazing work!!!! We net them under our dock at Smith Mountain and that looks like it should be swimming the baitwell!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. I have yet to determine what sort of bait it will be. It is about seven inches long and will most likely end up being a three piece with a bill, prolly a wake bait.

SS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts