Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Fort Morgan. I am looking for a fishing partner for the northeast area of Colorado. I want to fish all the way from Fort Collins in places like Horsetooth all the way out to Jumbo reservoir. I would love to fish close to home like Jackson lake or North Sterling reservoir.

I have fishing partners who fish the mountains on belly boats so i am set on fishing the mountains if i meet a chill fishing partner we can join them fishing for lake trout and pike.

I am up for fishing all of Colorado and some Nebraska but mainly my home area.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bite is hot, Goon. Hit it up.
Whats hitting there? I Fished jackson a few weeks ago from the north west Shore. I waded in just above waist deep and threw everything i had in my box with no luck. I threw 2 lines out one cat fish rig with liver and switched it up to worms. My other rod was casting everything i could throw. While i fished there were plenty i mean plenty of fish jumping action all around me. They were so close i could make easy cast and hit them.
I picked up some more rooster tail spinner baits since i love those, and i picked up a hand full of rapalas.
Info or tips would be greatly helpful, I have been told just go earlier as early as possible.

I am really wanting a fishing kayak but will settle for a belly boat. That may help out a bit or a new friend with a boat.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you saw fish busting, why didn't you use something like a topwater bait, or rattle trap?
Now that i learned a thing or two those are in my box. I didnt have much in my box for the fish around here. I watched a few videos learned a few things. took a trip to sportsmans warehouse and got a great i mean great associate who also tough me a thing or two.

I am newer to the lake fishing and species around here. I have been set up to fish for trout in the streams which i can do decently and understand. I didnt fish much either just during backpacking trips and on an occasion here and there. This summer i have been hooked i mean my lips are even ripped i am so hooked. Next trip to Jackson i have a few tricks up my sleeves i am excited for the next trip.

Bucktails, topwater spookey jr, walleye assassin turbo shad fire tiger. Those are some of the new additions to my tackle box plus many many more. I learned a new technique at sportsmans too. The associate tough me how to throw a fly with a bobber he recommended this method.

Next time i wont be throwing so blindly with trout rooster tails.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol you make it sound like your fishing buddies will not let you fish with them in the mountains unless you find a fishing partner :biggrin1::biggrin1:
No they just don't come out east where i live. They live in Golden Denver area. A couple weekends ago we belly boat fished North Catamount Reservoir and pulled some nice lake trout. Then we hit 11 Mile the next day i missed a pike and my friend caught his first pike and a few nice trout. later that day we fished Spinney a friend caught a trout on a fly. This Sunday we are headed back to Catamount.

I just want to fish closer to home and looking for people closer to home to fish with. I want to be fishing as much as i can. I am unfamiliar with fishing around the north east area and i am trying to figure out the fishing holes and how to get as much time on the water as possible. If i meet a great fishing partner out here we can join my friends when we fish the mountains.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.