Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the DS today and saw the Charlie Myers seine WTZ?? " just know while your walking the banks, that your walking in Charlie Myers foot steps" REALY? I would think the government could have spent that money for some thing good, Ahhh maybe a wind block, some fish
Very upsetting

·
Registered
376 Posts
??? Not sure what you mean, 720? Would it even be a public water if Charlie Myers hadn't done the foot work and politicking to make it so? Maybe there's something to it I don't know (I'm kinda new around here).

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I was there on Sunday and it was the first time I had noticed the dedication to Chuck. I had not seen it last fall but any who I thought it was a nice gesture from the State of Colorado.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure most folks never were ther when it was a sportsmen club, many people probably don't remember what it was like when it was freshly public.
Now days it's been so call reconstructed? Destroyed is more like it.
Now days it a trashy pals fill with rude front ranger types, they chase out 100's if not thousands of heathy large dry fly loving fish, replaced with minnows. Not trying to HATE on Denver folks as they should have the same rights as anyone else, but digesters butts, trash in water and what would seam as an absult disrespect of the land,water, and edict did not exists 15 years ago.
I have no desire to vist one of my favorite posses on earth, haven't for years now. Only reason I ever go out there now days is cause good friends want to?
In the end the place is done, and I think they gave this REPORTER enough by renaming the stretch after him? As if there was even a need
I encouge everyone and there brother to spend every dishonest out there so they don't screw up other great waters in this State, hope they like over playing their 8-10 in fish-- have fun pretending they are special
The fact that the DOW dedicated a three board,roofed, on top of concrete dedication, with a engraved rock, is sooooooo f'ing retarded, that it makes my stomac turn
KNUTE? Really? You seam the type sad sad sad I will once again say that this eye sore has no pals out there
No need to get your feature ruffled, this is just sickening please keep going there, I'm not trying to tic anyone off,it's just that I am

·
Registered
376 Posts
TANGLER said:
Can someone describe what the dedication is, or perhaps have a photo of it?
Assuming I know how to do this, here's a pic:

720fly said:
I'm not going to post anymore on this subject, worthless
Sorry, man. Like I said, I'm sorta new around here. All I know about the DS is what I've read and from one visit. You apparently have a long history with the place, going back well before it became public. I guess if it was still under private ownership, we would just read about it in an occasional article, and maybe get a chance to fish it some day by paying a lot of money. Definitely not saying that isn't better for the resource. Many public resources seem to suffer some from "Tragedy of the Commons", if that's the theme you're referring to here. Hard to avoid, in some respects, without much more restriction on use.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mix in a spell check if you're going to be describing things as f'ing retarded. You sound like a complete jackass. I'll sleep better tonight knowing you don't frequent the DS anymore and instead stay at home thinking about the good ol' days. I'll see the rest of you rude front rangers up there this weekend! :-*

S

·
0 Posts
720 - i have to object. Do some research on Charlies legacy here in Colorado and in print. He has done more for the sport here in Colo ( and beyond), been a true ambassador of fishing ediquette(sp) , a champion of river preservation. While not a huge public face, his articles have been the voice of anglers for years, with many great results. Turn off the hate switch and look through fresh eyes.

I think Charlie deserves that memorial, and especially having one of his past favorite places named after him. Tight lines Charlie.

The DS.... its a love/hate for all. Personally i cant stand the place. Most people believe there is a true "run" of fish from the lake below, fact is, Aurora Water plays with the flows so much there never is a true run. Travel outside the state if you want to see real spawning runs, it will blow your mind.
The DS has a terrible population of resident fish, with a few visiting lake fish to keep people believing in the place.
It only got the name "Dream Stream" because years ago, there was a pretty good push of large lake fish. The name only belies your **CHANCE** at a fish of a lifetime for locals and some visitors who dont have fish this big in their area. The Great Lakes, Olympic Penninsula, etc have far, far superior fishing. Nowadays, the DS still has some big fish push up the river, but never in any appreciable numbers. Instead, people feed off rumours - where a handful of lake-run fish come in, the word gets out, and the masses appear to fish to maybe a dozen good fish. Better chances elsewhere for those motivated enough to try new waters.
Yeah, i know many of you will praise the place, so go ahead and "Dream" :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good way to wrap this one up S-L. Some of us don't know much, or any, better than places like the DS. It's good to know about the other perspectives and history involved with our public resources. I just wish we could avoid the passionate-but-less-than-civil discourse that sometimes occurs here and e-elsewhere, but that's the way of things human, I guess. Anyway, good job of moderating.

S

·
0 Posts
Whats the old saying - "opinions are like A-holes, everyone's got one"

Its DS Fever, you believe in "dream" only to get dissappointed... Just like believing in Obama >:D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I got 720's back on this one and agree all you front range A-holes messed everything up.
Quick question to 720 hoping he can mustard up on more response to this thread, wheren't you a guide in Colorado and if thats correct did you rely on front range customers for biz or simply depend on goofy REI wearing hippie mountain folk ;D

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Gawd I loved the Dream when it was BAITFISHING and any method 8 huge trout/day oh hell yeah!

Been crap ever since they made it fly/lure- ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love how all these threads turn into a circus. Carp fishing turned into posts from 2 years ago and who is an elitist dry fly fisherman, now we are talking about the president. My take though..it's the Dream Stream, take it for what it is. Much like every single other trout stream in Colorado, there are a lot of people who fish it. It is what it is and yeah it's been overfished but it's public water in Colorado so it happens.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
--- trout yes and no. Most everyone I guided were out of staters
---whoever-- still learning the iPad self spell check, tends to do what it wants
---- cochise Ha Ha, guess I'll take the hit on that, but I never had any hope that thing would improve out there, the dozers said it all
To everyone (haters) it just really made me sick, what else can I tell ya
--- Jim I know I know, but I still don't think a shrine was needed

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whatever, just clearing the air, and Bowles
Don' really have much else to say about it ya know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts