Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A late start for me this year. After the move in december, house projects, and had to get a driveway/retaining wall installed so i can back my boat into the back yard, i think i am about ready to hit the lake. My fishing license kicks in on the 1st and will buy the pass to fish the reservoirs on ft carson also. I havent thought about fishing as it is a two person job getting the boat in my small garage that is 19' deep and boat is completely diagonal across it. I know pueblo is a decent walleye lake, but seems the wind will be a factor there alot. Any other decent walleye lake within an hour or two drive from cos, even up by denver, that are shielded more from the wind?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Pueblo and Trinidad. You can almost always find a place at Pueblo to get out of the wind. Chatfield and Cherry Creek, but as the season gets going you'll have a lot of company. In the Spings...I'd get to know Pueblo. It's an excellent walleye fishery.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Get used to dealing with the wind. I pick my days based on Wind 1st and Temp 2nd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts