Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Alpine Brookies 7/6-7/7

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  longdraw 
#1 ·
Went camping this last weekend in NW Colorado at about 10,000 feet. The lake we were staying at was just stocked so we had no trouble catching slimers Thursday night. On Friday we hiked to an alpine lake. The first three miles was trail and the last mile or so we had to bushwack through lots of fallen timber. The effort was worth it as we found a lake full of 14 - 17 in fat Brookies.
I caught 3 in about 1.5 hours on a Gold Kastmaster and missed a few more. Then the clouds came in and I had to switch to a silver and blue kasty to get one more 15in brookie. My buddy was having luck on an HD Trout. We kept these three for camp dinner.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. It was fun for sure. The best part for me was getting my buddy, who only really just started fishing seriously this year, into some healthy Brookies. The fish fever is only going to get stronger for him after that, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.