Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the temperatures dropping and high flows for this time of year, the water temps have been dropping in the Glenwood Springs area on the Colorado River. Reports on the USGS site have been good and Per several shops in the area, they lifted the closure as well...

We decided to hit the morning bite and stop around early afternoon. My friends and I had a great time out on the water, landing multiple species with the HD Trout, Rapala CD, and J-Spec jerkbait. Several patterns worked in the muddy water, but the HD Brown trout seemed to get the most attention. My GF got her PB trout of any species, I landed a very unusual Master Angler fish which wound up shattering my old PB, and I got to fish with a friend I hadn't fished with in over two years!! Can't beat days like this!! Hope you guys enjoy the footage and/or pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nice. Glad you got out and smacked em on my old grounds. Sandbar looks like it was good to ya.

Always enjoy these reports from you.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Flannelmouth...lots of biggins in that area

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. Glad you got out and smacked em on my old grounds. Sandbar looks like it was good to ya.

Always enjoy these reports from you.
Thank you! sorry for the late reply. Ya that sandbar is huge now, with all the silt and mude washing around due to the mudslides, it changed that spot completely. Which is sad to say. The alleys in front and behind the sandbar are almost non-existent atm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m sorry but I’m not impressed at all by your videos. 1/10. They suck for several reasons, mainly because you are burning treble hooks down the back of river fish. Other reasons include your need to produce and share them for cookie cutter comments to feed your ego and validate your time on the river. The term PB is flaccid and empty. I doubt you would go fishing without a camera and I think you would benefit from learning to be a steward of the river, appreciating the resources in it, as opposed to using it to feed your over inflated ego.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.