Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Camped three nights with my wife and 1 year old daughter over the 4th of July weekend. It was an awesome time roughing it in the tent. Accomidating a 1 year old's sleeping situation was pretty interesting. We set up our cot and put a pack n' play in between. It actually worked really well.

This wasn't a hardcore fishing trip, much more of a relaxing vacation enjoying the outdoors. That said, we did get to fish for 2-3 hours each day. The mornings were really the only opportunity to fish due to 30-40 MPH winds each afternoon. We caught dozens of bows and cutbows fishing weed lines. We also managed a decent 18" brown and some kokes trolling the open water. Kept a couple of the Kokes for dinner. Got some monster fillets and man do they taste good.

No stiffing arming here...

Shes not afraid of a little dirt!

I'm usually a big proponant of using electric fillet knives, but a fix blade did these salmon right.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Very cool, love the look on the little one's face!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
nice! I'm itching for kokes!
when we camp with the little one (now 2.5) I have a portable speaker that we play white noise or sleepy spa music through. helps her not listen to every little thing, helps me too.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Those are 2 of the bigger Kokes I've seen in a long time, way to go! Looks like a great way to spend the holiday!

·
P I K E
10,264 Posts
Nice to see the kokes starting to make a comeback! Nice job Dakota and Jr!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts