Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Why do people not respect the left lane is only for passing law?

• I like to control the speed of traffic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel entitled and an elitist

• I'm from Texas

• I'm on the phone and this call matters

• I'm just an ******* who woke up angry

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sick of traffic and my take is mostly due to people who have no clue or no where to be or just don't care. Get the F over...is it so complicated. Best way to get slow drivers to speed up is to try and pass on the right. Suddenly they find the gas pedal. Is it just me or do others have find their commute extended for no good reason.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
EyeHunter27 said:
Best way to get slow drivers to speed up is to try and pass on the right. Suddenly they find the gas pedal.

:D
Ain't that the truth!

AND.....

People who don't use their turn signals should die. I am perhaps the most likely to be incarcerated for bludgeoning someone for not signaling. ;D

AND ANOTHER THING.......

Turn into your corresponding lane. Dammit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
EyeHunter27 said:
Best way to get slow drivers to speed up is to try and pass on the right. Suddenly they find the gas pedal.

:D
Ain't that the truth!

AND.....

People who don't use their turn signals should die. I am perhaps the most likely to be incarcerated for bludgeoning someone for not signaling. ;D

AND ANOTHER THING.......

Turn into your corresponding lane. Dammit.
Gosh no kidding, I hate it when people don't use their signals and suddenly go into my lane like wtf??? Then sometimes I'm confused if they are going straight or turning in those one lanes where you can either go straight or turn left.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I try to drive in a way that others don't have to alter there speed.
I don't understand the lack of planning and lane changing that people do to gain a half a car length.
I have found that on I-25 if I set the cruise on 82 mph all is good.
Why some people think pulling to the left to let a car on the highway is ok if It makes me put on the brakes.
Thats why on ramps have yield signs.
Then the perfect 75 mph driver who never looks in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
406 Posts
earplug said:
I try to drive in a way that others don't have to alter there speed.
Why some people think pulling to the left to let a car on the highway is ok if It makes me put on the brakes.
Thats why on ramps have yield signs.
Right, like people know what the word yield actually means.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I think more and more people are gradually starting to get the message that the left lane is for passing. Still a lot of dolts out there ignoring the signs along the highways, though.

And some people will never learn how to merge into traffic. A half mile of merge lane, and they're at a dead stop looking back over their left shoulder until they can see no more traffic.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
All you people that drive crazy and erratic, and I'm assume a good majority of them have posted here^, driving like a madman will not get you anywhere quicker. You slamming on your brakes because your going too fast, is the reason why most traffic exists. Brake lights are the devil. These people dont realize they are the cause of traffic.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
There are times I use the left lane only because the right is rutted or damaged. I-76 northeast bound was this way the last time I drove it and I am usually driving 5-10 mph over.

I have issues with tailgaters and bicyclists who drive on roads with curves, no shoulder and that are frequented by trucks towing boats (like that road to Carter Lake). One of my coworkers has an idea he uses for tailgaters, he just flips his mirror up so he can't see them anymore -- outta sight outta mind!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
All you people that drive crazy and erratic, and I'm assume a good majority of them have posted here^, driving like a madman will not get you anywhere quicker. You slamming on your brakes because your going too fast, is the reason why most traffic exists. Brake lights are the devil. These people dont realize they are the cause of traffic.
This is a great statement right here aside from accusing the people above (most of whom mentioned cruise control).

I don't see the need for brake lights on a highway or interstate. Cruise control all the way.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I can understand traffic, while frustrating, when times are busy it is not always easy to always be in the right lane, especially between Denver and Springs. But when there are 15 cars every mile, there is no reason for people to be in the left lane unless passing. The only time I won't signal is when somebody forces me to pass them on the right when they refuse to get over. Obviously if I was able to pass them on the right, then they could have gotten over without issue.

My .02.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Is this the same dude who btched tirelessly about the amount of ice people scrape off?

Really dude? Sounds like you hate everyone because they do not live up the the holy chair you sit on. They don't do things the way you (the completely rightious) see fit. Slow down and respect others and the way they live.. The law mandating staying in the right lane is foolish. The number one cause of accidents in America is lane changes. This law only promotes that.

I am not saying I don't get frustrated behind slow drivers in the fast lane, I am just saying that could be my grandma or my mom, both of which do this and I am quite sure they have earned the right to do so far more than your right to SPEED!!! which is the only reason you would want them out of the way.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
What roadways does the left lane only passing laws apply to? I think you will find that it's not very clear.

And what constitutes passing, at what speed? How long does/should a pass take?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts