Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Ok....

MFLoGrasso replies,
"Has someone told the illustriou­s Mr. Maher that in the NFL in the last 10 years (including the game to be played next week), the AFC has been represente­d by one of 3 teams (New England, Pittsburgh­, Indianapol­is) in 9 of those 10 games, with said three AFC teams winning 6 times? In MLB, there have been 9 different champions over the past 10 years (only the Red Sox won twice, in 2004 and 2007).

How about something where there's almost no difference­? Counting next week's game, there will have been 14 different teams in the last 10 Super Bowls. The last 10 World Series(es?­) have featured 15 different teams.

And as for the have-nots of MLB and the NFL, for every Kansas City Royals and Pittsburgh Pirates you throw out, I can give you a Detroit Lions or Buffalo Bills. The system doesn't make the bad teams bad. Team management makes the bad teams bad. "

Thankfully, reading the comments gave me the response I would have sat here for an hour coming up with. Honestly Im thankful, because it's just to damm early in the morning.

If someone here agrees with what that idiot threw out, then they must also be willing to put out there that, if the same comparison must be made to govt., that the management of the US has to be compared to the Lions, and that its upper management that drives that team into the ground, and would be nothing good for the states as a whole.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a reason that 3 AFC teams have been to 9 out of the last 10 SB's. The owners want to win and do everything they can to do so. The other owners are content with taking their share of the 'pot' money and pocketing it, after all it is a freebie and why work at making more when you can get a good amount of it for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts