Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home from work at 6:30pm after getting my fishing license, I sat around for about an hour and a half slacking around thinking of what to do. I looked outside and it was fackin beautiful. So I rigged up for a quick fish at the res. Brought a couple rods and the necessities...

I got to the lake in a good spot with no nets. But some mofo was already standing RIGHT in the spot I wanted. Only guy in the parking lot too. I wasted a little time fishing there watching the guy land a couple fish. I knew the fish were stacked where he was, and not really anywhere else in that area, so I said screw it and headed to another spot.

I fished there for a bit and didn't get hit. I wondered if there were fish so I flashed my light in the water. What I saw were dozens of these staring back at me:

wtf

So they weren't hitting my jerkbait. I tied on a tube. Nothing. I tied on a feather jig. Nothing. I tied on a crank. Nothing. Etc etc etc etc etc. Tried most of the **** in the small box I brought. Drug it all through the thick of them. The horny facks were everywhere but seemed to be only interested in humping...

So I tied on a jerkbait again and said screw it. Walked a bit and tossed it along shore into the hoards. Eventually, I did end up landing a couple eyes and took a couple pics.

I think if I stayed longer, the bite would have improved. But I am getting up early tomorrow to go fishing again...hahaha. So I called it and headed home. Didn't really see any big eyes staring at me....so the females likely weren't up in there yet. It was a sausage fest.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Haha, great report rivr. You calling it a sausage fest cracks me up. I'm gunna try my luck tonight, too bad my favorite south side spot is fail because of water level lol. Nice catch.

DH

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpt1016 said:
If you don't mind me asking...is this cherry creek ???
Nope... more souf ;)

Dyinghero27 said:
Haha, great report rivr. You calling it a sausage fest cracks me up. I'm gunna try my luck tonight, too bad my favorite south side spot is fail because of water level lol. Nice catch.

DH
Yeah dude. There are nets all over there anyways. That's one of my favorite spots too. First time I have really seen it turn into an island :D :D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice Riv..weird there were that many, and they were a no show?

D.J.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
jpt1016 said:
If you don't mind me asking...is this cherry creek ???
Nope... more souf ;)

Dyinghero27 said:

DH
Yeah dude. There are nets all over there anyways. That's one of my favorite spots too. First time I have really seen it turn into an island :D :D
Chatty? Nice fish btw..

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hobiecat said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Tons of them DJ....tons. A few every 6-8 feet or so.
I'm guessing like Boulder reservoir...You may have a lot more company soon.
It's a big damn lake...and covered in nets. I'll still be posting reports because I am a member of this forum...especially about walleye since I don't care much for them ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
hobiecat said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Tons of them DJ....tons. A few every 6-8 feet or so.
I'm guessing like Boulder reservoir...You may have a lot more company soon.
It's a big damn lake...and covered in nets. I'll still be posting reports because I am a member of this forum...especially about walleye since I don't care much for them ;)
LMAO! But nice..I need to fish there at night again, it just sucks with the nets!

D.J.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts