Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff & I decided to check out 11 Mile Thursday evening. Fished for about an hour in the Witchers Cove area through the ice. Jeff caught a couple of stockers and lost a really nice fish at the hole. It straightened his hook out and was probably in the 4 lb range. I caught a nice 20" 3lb bow on a nightcrawler. Fished from about 7-8 pm in about 11 FOW.

Now as for the ice conditions at 11 Mile: Ventured up to Rogers Mtn and Rocking Chair. At Rogers Mtn there is open water about halfway across the reservoir to the north side. Rocking Chair is pretty much open all the way across the lake with the exceptions of a few patches here and there.

Witchers Cove area is still capped over with the ice about 15" where we were with some ribbons of water around the edges in some areas. Woke up to about 2" of snow this morning and still snowing. We live 12 miles from 11 mile so especially with the new snow, be very careful out there.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Sounds like a fun evening.

That's a great warning about the new snow potentially covering dangerous ice!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like open water fishing for the upper part of lake and maybe still ice fishing the lower part this weekend.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Damn the weather man!! He's a clown. This keeps up we'll have the boat out there soon.
I've quite listening to the weather guessers! :(

I just got a job to inspect boats at Spinney/11-Mile and they say I might be working as early as next weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts