Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three guys from this site attended the CS DOW discussion meeting, two guys attended the Denver meeting. Unless we take the trouble to attend these meetings like CWA does, nobody is gonna listen to us.

I know we all have busy lives and I know there are legitimate excuses for not attending like you have to watch the kids, your a coach and its game night, its a school conference.

I listen to guys on this site that seem really passionate. But its that old saying....you gotta walk the walk. I know there are members on here that are writing emails, etc....and thats good. We all need to do what we can.

Next year I don't think you'll be able to fish with scented baits in flys and only lures only waters unless you say to hell with the regs. And they'll continue to treat pike a little better than carp. Same for lakers. They only do all these things 'cause they don't think we care.

Maybe they're right.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i care but feel that the dow is doing a fair job of manageing the impossible and while i would enjoy catching some pike i can sleep just fine at night with or without them i will enjoy the fishing that is available to me and spend my stess and effort on things that are more important to me such as suporting and defending the first 2 amendments. it would be nice to hear that more of the folks that disagree with the way things are managed put more into it than just posting comments

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I agree with KD but unfortunately I am not able to do much driving at night anymore. The eye doctor says he can see some cataracts forming and maybe something can be done about that but for the time being every time I meet a pair of headlights the light spreads out in my eyes and blinds me and so I don't go to things that require me to stay out past sunset. I would be glad to ride with somebody else, but I live so far out in the boonies along with the deer and coyotes, that it's probably not going to happen. Please don't take my lack of attendance as lack of interest or lack of passion for the subject, though.
W. E.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Hey W.E.,

You should take those dark sunglasses off, then. You will probably see a lot better ;)

Seriously, I understand why it is difficult for you to make it... I was lucky in that my daughter's soccer practice didn't kick in until tonight. It seems like these days there is so much going on for everyone. In the end, it is probably fine to send email at this point, but we should also try to attend earlier in the process. As I mentioned in my report, this discussion had already been going on for a year and it was nearly a done deal. We have a great opportunity to show up next time as a part of a larger community with a bigger voice.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
work2fish said:
Hey W.E.,
You should take those dark sunglasses off, then. You will probably see a lot better ;)
Maybe, but I wouldn't look near as cool. I got my priorities, man. ;)

·
Registered
943 Posts
like i said earlier, if we showed up at a meeting with 40 or 50 people the dow would freak. the meeting i went to there was enough seating for maybe 20 people. i personally think that the people from the dow will listen if you have something to say. i also believe that if you act like adults and say it face to face it will have more impact. computers are a great thing and i love this forum but i think we are losing our ability to interact in person. sorry about the length

F

·
0 Posts
maybe colorado fisherman should have some sort of a club that has meetings in order to get things done with the d.o.w. ...clean up efforts .....It would be cool to have a monthly or bi monthly get together

·
Registered
324 Posts
thjere is another post on here that some said ken tried this and only 2 people were interested. i would be and could help up in ft. collins would love to be a member and if i knew where to even start as far as getting one togather i would

F

·
0 Posts
I think it would be to find a centrally located meeting place ...Im sure there is some sorta registration process with the state .....but to get started we could all just meet at a lake that has tables or anywhere ..I dont think the meeting place has to be to totally organized ...but we do need an agenda for what we as a group want to get done ......

·
Registered
943 Posts
im up for that fishing guitars. once a month at a different lake. we colud have a cleanup and a meeting.

·
Registered
324 Posts
heres the thing we are not in the same area where a meeting place would be great we would also have to have local meetings for convenice also we could do like  an adopt a lake thing for our respective areas and you could do this in dif. ways either 1 body of water a year or switch bodys every quater things like that. organazation is key and participation

·
Registered
943 Posts
i would be happy to travel ft collins is as close as chatfield was to me. even if we just did it where somebody posted a date and place i would be there as long as its a weekend

F

·
0 Posts
ok ....its not the coolest of places but barbor ponds or st vrain ponds .....thats kinda inbetween afishman,myself, and meandmydog.....or another longmont area lake where we dont have to pay to get into

·
Registered
324 Posts
i dont mean i couldn't or a wouldn't drive i just thought that if we had local meetins as well that would keep interest high but all means if we have local meetings come up with issues and take those to a big meeting it would more acturaly reflect the ideas or concerns in each area available

·
Registered
324 Posts
ok is this going to be productive? also is it going to be to better fishing as a whole or to help ourselfs. no disrespect to any one it just that i am very interested in this and i do not want to be wasting my time as i am sure others dont. what we need is some type of mission statement so that our goels and ethics are followed it also allows us to prioritise our agenda. if this is in fact count not just me but my family in as well

·
Registered
943 Posts
cool i think that we should get together and discuss it ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i would like to recomend an indoor meeting place and set a recuring date like the 3rd thursday every month at the same time and same place that way it may start slow with only 2-3 people meeting but then when you guys start posting your results of the meeting more people will strt to show as they will be able to plan also maybe we can get several meeting going in different areas like denver the springs and any other area with a few people to get it started

also make sure you take minutes and post it here and once you get a meeting going keep at it it might take time but next year you might have a nice monthly meet going

1 - 20 of 34 Posts