Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found another reason among many that I want to visit the Netherlands.

Giant perch out there. Granted they are the European perch which grow much larger than our Yellow Perch here in the states. Wonder if they are as tasty...

https://youtu.be/3XZv7mV8_IM

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Bwahahaha- International don't count!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Those freakin' things are gigantic.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I'm a never percher. Hard to clean, small average size, and the fight is simplymeh. But perch fanbois be like: damb, I caught myself some jumbo, 1 lbs perch. They were full of eggs, so after filleting them, I got like 5 bites out of each... And they fought like lethargic stocker trout. :D If I'm going to back to Europe, it ain't gonna be for perch.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Count me in as a fanboi, I’d chase half pounders all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To each their own... I'm a white bass fanboi. ;D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm a never percher. Hard to clean, small average size, and the fight is simplymeh. But perch fanbois be like: damb, I caught myself some jumbo, 1 lbs perch. They were full of eggs, so after filleting them, I got like 5 bites out of each... And they fought like lethargic stocker trout. :D If I'm going to back to Europe, it ain't gonna be for perch.

Every region has "those guys". ;D Can't catch pike or eyes, so they "specialize" in perch. Very similar to Colorado's carp chasers.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Hey if you don't like perch you can stick where the sun don't shine!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
yep lol fishing for forage...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Bwahahaha- International don't count!
Come on Mikey plan a trip you can shut down the Netherlands...plus hit Amsterdam on the way by!...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Most of us grew up catching bluegill, perch and other panfish. And they are so very tasty. . .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every region has "those guys". ;D Can't catch pike or eyes, so they "specialize" in perch. Very similar to Colorado's carp chasers.
This is hilarious to me cause Carp is one of my main goals for this year... but Carp on a fly rod. That is a friggin challenge. I don't care that they are ugly and stinky. It is just something I have in common with them... haha

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Most of us grew up catching bluegill, perch and other panfish. And they are so very tasty. . .
I grew up fishing rough fish in France: rudd, carp, bream, tench, eels, barbatula, stickleback... I might wet a line at my former water holes for the sake of nostalgia, I would not pursue any of those species for any other reasons. However, if I wanted to catch a fish I did not intend to eat, carp would be at the top of my list. ;D

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I grew up fishing rough fish in France: rudd, carp, bream, tench, eels, barbatula, stickleback... I might wet a line at my former water holes for the sake of nostalgia, I would not pursue any of those species for any other reasons. However, if I wanted to catch a fish I did not intend to eat, carp would be at the top of my list. ;D
??? FRANCE ??? Get the rope!!! LoL... J/K >:D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
??? FRANCE ??? Get the rope!!! LoL... J/K >:D
Yeah, I'm a pink commie Frenchie. ;D OK, seriously, I'm a political refugee. My father was wanted dead or alive in his country for being anti-communist and working for the CIA... France was the first country to take us.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This is hilarious to me cause Carp is one of my main goals for this year... but Carp on a fly rod. That is a friggin challenge. I don't care that they are ugly and stinky. It is just something I have in common with them... haha

You're a better fisherman than I, sir. Flailin' for buglemouth bass with a sissy stick, I'd make it all of five minutes. ;D

All in good fun, fishin' is fishin'. I catch a few lunker carp each season but I refuse to admit I'm ever actually fishing for them. Until I see color, I assume I'm hooked up on a state record walleye or cutbow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts