Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual the CPW lied again! I was told by multiple sources that the nets would not go in Rifle Gap until April and miraculously they put them in today! From fishing it the last few days and seeing where the walleyes are I'm guessing their success rate with the nets will be pretty low this year because of where they have placed them. They are however in prime smallmouth areas and will definitely reach havoc on the smallie population.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
For me it's not worth the aggravation anymore, they've proven they will do whatever they want and that they can't be trusted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The environmental groups are well imbedded within the Colorado govt. I see this as a growing trend. They have a method and means to allow these CPW introduced walleyes to exist in Rifle Gapp but simply refuse to consider all the alternatives which would allow this fishery to exist.. They rather sell out to these environmental special interest groups. No wonder our CPW is having financial issues...

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is all about USFW and CPW jobs and funding. That's it. If they really wanted to save the sucker, they should remove Hoover Dam. Let's see how that goes over. Instead, we pay taxes and buy fishing licences to support STUPID management programs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The environmental groups are well imbedded within the Colorado govt. I see this as a growing trend. They have a method and means to allow these CPW introduced walleyes to exist in Rifle Gapp but simply refuse to consider all the alternatives which would allow this fishery to exist.. They rather sell out to these environmental special interest groups. No wonder our CPW is having financial issues...
I wish it was just environmental groups, but its not, Its the heavy hand of the federal government enforcing the Endangered Fish Recovery Act.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
what a frickin crime that is to kill those walleyes, then leave the bag limit for fisherman at 1 walleye. they wonder why sportsman hate them :( thanks for update Westsloper,

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wish they could focus their "job security" on enhancement and education.

It's the bane of the west.

Then how about some better trout management in the area? We do not even get that.

Laziest group of half wits who focus primarily on destruction without enhancement. Yeah, I am back now and have to deal with these rats again.

I bet they have a new fully loaded shock-kill fleet headed out daily right now. Savages!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I bet they have a new fully loaded shock-kill fleet headed out daily right now. Savages!
They did late last fall on Blue Mesa. Fished in my pontoon around Elk Creek Marina and saw them put in the shock fleet. So far this year, even with most of the lake ice free I haven't seem them yet. Wishful thinking that perhaps their shock fest is over. At least one can wish. Blue Mesa hasn't been the same for several years now. I really believe they have done more damage than the good they intended.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
They did late last fall on Blue Mesa. Fished in my pontoon around Elk Creek Marina and saw them put in the shock fleet. So far this year, even with most of the lake ice free I haven't seem them yet. Wishful thinking that perhaps their shock fest is over. At least one can wish. Blue Mesa hasn't been the same for several years now. I really believe they have done more damage than the good they intended.
they net spring and fall now on blue Mesa I believe this will be year 6 0r 7 for the death fleet. I don't bother fishing it much anymore , used to be on that lake 2-3 days a week, fished it once this winter. Was on its way to being number 2 lake in US for Lakers, now not worth the effort, I go to the gorge a couple weeks a years for my pleasures ;D. don't think they will ever quit netting on Blue Mesa now, they are doing Gods work LOL.:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The net was in for one night...on the 16th. They did a sampling to see what was up. They caught 12 males and 1 non-ripe female. Water was 41 degrees and they pulled net and it hasn't been out since. Hopefully fish moved in last weekend with daytime temps running nearly 80 degrees and got busy. CPW will be back for 14 nights of netting when they feel the water has warmed a bit. I wish them zero luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts